Dryden Crappie

limeyangler

Hi all,

Wabigoon Lake has been very mediocre in terms of crappie fishing on the ice this year for me, that is until half way through March, and now it is on fire. 

In some areas it does not seem to matter where you drill holes, they are everywhere and some nice size ones too.

Ice is going to go fast this year as soon as night time temps approach the +℃,

GET 'EM WHILE YOU CAN!

• Like 5

15 hours ago, misfish said:

Holes in what? Yer boat ? Open water here now Simon. LOL

Good to see yer still enjoying .

LOL, holes in my boat is a sore topic, shelled out $1600 for welding last fall, rivets were all spider webs underneath, no guarantee she will even float or hold up for long, first and last Alumacraft I'll ever buy, as they say, you get what you pay for, I'm pretty sure the aluminium foil in my kitchen drawer is thicker than the hull of my boat. Anyway, enough of my 1st World problems....lol. Thanks for the replies Brian, i'm definitely enjoying being in the boonies with a lake as an extended back yard, still practicing personal distancing, and have not been to town in over a week, filled up jerry cans and minnow tank 2 weeks ago and still got enough for another week, we probably don't have more than a week of safe ice left anyway. I have a stack of videos to upload as I was actually on holiday for two weeks right when the $%$# first really started to get going, problem is our internet out here is almost dial-up speed, I used to go and piggyback off wi-fi spots in town to upload otherwise it can take up to 3 days to upload one video, that is if it does not time out and have to start again. Are you able to get out where you are?

19 minutes ago, limeyangler said:

Are you able to get out where you are?

SUX about the boat Simon.

I could go if I wanted to, but to many variables in the way . The main thing is I need a new front rotor,well 2 . The right one is grinding . I am sure it is from having those big heavy tires on that I had . Could never hear it til I got new ones on 3 weeks ago and the guy said just limp it til things get back to somewhat normal here and get it repaired . I buy direct from a local supplier that offers employee,s where I work, a 15% discount and right now they are closed .The other would be if something were to happen driving to said destination,I maybe looking at a large tow bill if something were to happen. I am sure some are jacking their prices since we are told to stay home .

I am content just sitting here,tying flies, cooking and getting fatter by the day . Cold beers are not helping  .LOL

Cheers mate be safe

B

9 hours ago, limeyangler said:

Thanks Bill. Appreciate your comments on all my videos and posts, I don't think I welcomed you to the site, so WELCOME!

Yes! welcome Bill.  Looks like we have someone here that might know ALL the honey-holes on LSC.. :)  What's biting now?

On 4/13/2020 at 8:47 AM, misfish said:

SUX about the boat Simon.

I could go if I wanted to, but to many variables in the way . The main thing is I need a new front rotor,well 2 . The right one is grinding . I am sure it is from having those big heavy tires on that I had . Could never hear it til I got new ones on 3 weeks ago and the guy said just limp it til things get back to somewhat normal here and get it repaired . I buy direct from a local supplier that offers employee,s where I work, a 15% discount and right now they are closed .The other would be if something were to happen driving to said destination,I maybe looking at a large tow bill if something were to happen. I am sure some are jacking their prices since we are told to stay home .

I am content just sitting here,tying flies, cooking and getting fatter by the day . Cold beers are not helping  .LOL

Cheers mate be safe

B

LOL....heres a picture of Brian working from home tying flies....lol

when-you-work-from-home-and-accidentally-have-14-beers-for-breakfast-meme.jpg.085be363e28fdb9d1d5d834efae19c02.jpg

• Haha 1

Hey Limeyangler, I watched a episode of Dimestore Fisherman. He was in Dryden. When he wasn't fishing he was at Anderson's Disk Golf. Instead of chasing a ball you chase a flying saucer. Your dog would have a great time there.

On 4/20/2020 at 7:59 PM, Bill said:

Hey Limeyangler, I watched a episode of Dimestore Fisherman. He was in Dryden. When he wasn't fishing he was at Anderson's Disk Golf. Instead of chasing a ball you chase a flying saucer. Your dog would have a great time there.

LOL, he would have a great time, not so sure about the other people there. We are on the lake, and while he loves chasing after things, his favourite is to swim after things, I attached a camera to him a couple of times.....check it out. 

• 3 years later...
2 hours ago, bonessk01 said:

just found this that's priceless, love a dogs enthusiasm. How did you attach camera to Dog? 

He’s still enthusiastic, just like his dad, it’s just the execution of that enthusiasm is harder for both of us these days…. Lol. GoPro does a dog harness mount, it would be much better now with the digital stabilisation incorporated in their newer cameras.

29 minutes ago, bonessk01 said:

I have the go pro 4 not sure if it has image stabilization, not sure it would help, my setter is pretty strung out but i'm going to look it up anyway thanks

No, GoPro 4 doesn’t have it, I think it started around GoPro 8. I shot the footage in the video with a GoPro 5.