manitoubass2

DanD

Hi Rick, hope all is well up there. Every time I see Pike Mike on TV I think of you. Oh yea and Bannock Bread, when I see it on the menu at the Rez restaurants I think of you too. Ticha's doing good, did you know that a cosmetician is an essential service position? Actually they basically closed her dept. and now she is the head security customer counter at her store. They only let 15 people in at a time and she chases them through the store telling them to get their allotment of toilet paper, pay and leave. With a please, thank you  and a smile of course.  Call me if you wish. No texting, I'm getting the O.A.S. pension. 

• Like 1

Was he the poo disturber here when I 1st joined around 10 years back? The guy I am thinking about sure was a piece of work. Art must have been a rookie Mod. then because today no one would put up with the guys shenanigans on OFC. I think they call them keyboard cowboys. 

5 hours ago, Old Ironmaker said:

Was he the poo disturber here when I 1st joined around 10 years back? The guy I am thinking about sure was a piece of work. Art must have been a rookie Mod. then because today no one would put up with the guys shenanigans on OFC. I think they call them keyboard cowboys. 

Johnny Bass?   I didn't find him that bad.  I think Ken Daley, aka what's his name, was the worst "poo disturber".  He would definitely fit the "piece of work" description.

Edit.  I guess the moderators agree, they even banned his handle  😄

Edited by John Bacon

6 hours ago, manitoubass2 said:

Man you guys are harsh lol

Hard to be part of a community when people just rip you to shreds...

I didn't see any ripping.

2 hours ago, AKRISONER said:

i personally miss the hip hop thread lol we rattled some cages with that one.

I personally do not miss any hip hop hippy pants hanging down below the arse crack, backward hat wearin' hooligan music. I actually can't miss something I just ignore. If someone dislikes something just ignore it and move on. 

• Haha 2

I actually took the time to listen to a few of  Czarface's ditty's.  Actually not bad. I suddenly had the urge to drive in downtown Hammertown like we did back in the 70's. You would shine your mags real nice soak the tires in Armor All and see that chrome reflection spin in the wall to wall storefront windows while only your left hand on the wheel, slumped over to the right and just looking cool. It would also play well driving my 1983 white 560 SEC Benz with the factory AMG package with the custom 18" front and 20" rear 3 spokers. Of course you had to detail the red brake calipers. 

I can't see you cruzein' on a Friday night in your snowmobile or behind your team of dogs to that music in downtown Moosenee. You don't get -40C in the O.C.

Every generation will have cruzer car lovers. I do have to say though that the Millennials don't have anywhere the same numbers of car lovers than  those that came before them.  Many kids today could care less about what they drive and that is if they drive. The drag and road track out (Toronto Motorsport Speedway 2 to 3 hours from T.O.) here always had line ups of little tuners that had more wattage power than horsepower to see what they could do on any given weekend. Not any longer. Those little Honda, Beemers, V.W.'s and Nissans painted electronic lime green are few and far between, they are all Dad's today. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Old Ironmaker said:

I actually took the time to listen to a few of  Czarface's ditty's.  Actually not bad. I suddenly had the urge to drive in downtown Hammertown like we did back in the 70's. You would shine your mags real nice soak the tires in Armor All and see that chrome reflection spin in the wall to wall storefront windows while only your left hand on the wheel, slumped over to the right and just looking cool. It would also play well driving my 1983 white 560 SEC Benz with the factory AMG package with the custom 18" front and 20" rear 3 spokers. Of course you had to detail the red brake calipers. 

I can't see you cruzein' on a Friday night in your snowmobile or behind your team of dogs to that music in downtown Moosenee. You don't get -40C in the O.C.

Every generation will have cruzer car lovers. I do have to say though that the Millennials don't have anywhere the same numbers of car lovers than  those that came before them.  Many kids today could care less about what they drive and that is if they drive. The drag and road track out (Toronto Motorsport Speedway 2 to 3 hours from T.O.) here always had line ups of little tuners that had more wattage power than horsepower to see what they could do on any given weekend. Not any longer. Those little Honda, Beemers, V.W.'s and Nissans painted electronic lime green are few and far between, they are all Dad's today. 

Iron, you’d be a fan of Curren$y

his entire rap persona is built around “Cruise life”. Precisely what you describe above. 

one of my favourite lyrics of all time that he raps, “I just drive like that to protect my rims, I ain’t slow”

he has multiple albums about cars, at the drive in, Saturday night car tunes, parking lot music...etc etc etc 

check this song

you can perhaps connect with this lyric Johnny “The bro Cellski left the green door open I'm in the Nova, that 383 stroking
Gas or that cash flow, that's what keep me going”

you may have more in common with a guy with baggy clothes than you’d think lol

part of the problem with car culture is the absolute insane inflation of pricing on vehicles and even worse the absolute over complication of vehicles. I was lucky enough to grow up in pretty much the very last generation of manageable cars that you could do something with the engine without needing a PhD in automotive engineering. After 2007-8ish that was the end of straight in line dual overhead cam engines that allowed for tuner culture to explode. Until that year it wasn’t a big deal throw a cold air intake, intercooler and turbo on those cars and flash em and add 80 horsepower to a 2000lb car in a weekend. Jeez I remember when I switched cars my buddies took all of the aftermarket parts on my car including the entire stereo system in an afternoon. Two 12 inch subwoofers in the trunk you could hear me coming from two blocks away. I didn’t even drive fast or race, I just had big ass 18inch blades on the sedan, thing had about 4 inches of clearance it was so slammed. Rear wheels tucked the entire tire. I did all of this crap and I didn’t even know anything about cars or grow up in a garage or any of that. It was just simple nuts and bolts. If you could undo the bolts on your suspension you could throw coilovers in the thing and go get an alignment at Canadian tire for $80 and you were looking crazy. 

things have changed terribly. Jesus Christ Iron, to change a friggin bulb on my truck I had to take the entire front end of my truck off! 

i get that new headlight tech and fuel efficiency blah blah blah makes cars better but come on, you can’t tell me making it impossible for the average person to change their headlight bulb without visiting the stealership for $130 an hour wasn’t intentional. Drives me absolutely insane

Edited by AKRISONER

1 hour ago, AKRISONER said:

his entire rap persona is built around “Cruise life”. Precisely what you describe above. 

one of my favourite lyrics of all time that he raps, “I just drive like that to protect my rims, I ain’t slow”

he has multiple albums about cars, at the drive in, Saturday night car tunes, parking lot music...etc etc etc 

check this song

you can perhaps connect with this lyric Johnny “The bro Cellski left the green door open I'm in the Nova, that 383 stroking

part of the problem with car culture is the absolute insane inflation of pricing on vehicles and even worse the absolute over complication of vehicles. I was lucky enough to grow up in pretty much the very last generation of manageable cars that you could do something with the engine without needing a PhD in automotive engineering. After 2007-8ish that was the end of straight in line dual overhead cam engines that allowed for tuner culture to explode. Until that year it wasn’t a big deal throw a cold air intake, intercooler and turbo on those cars and flash em and add 80 horsepower to a 2000lb car in a weekend. Jeez I remember when I switched cars my buddies took all of the aftermarket parts on my car including the entire stereo system in an afternoon. Two 12 inch subwoofers in the trunk you could hear me coming from two blocks away. I didn’t even drive fast or race, I just had big ass 18inch blades on the sedan, thing had about 4 inches of clearance it was so slammed. Rear wheels tucked the entire tire. I did all of this crap and I didn’t even know anything about cars or grow up in a garage or any of that. It was just simple nuts and bolts. If you could undo the bolts on your suspension you could throw coilovers in the thing and go get an alignment at Canadian tire for $80 and you were looking crazy. 

things have changed terribly. Jesus Christ Iron, to change a friggin bulb on my truck I had to take the entire front end of my truck off! 

i get that new headlight tech and fuel efficiency blah blah blah makes cars better but come on, you can’t tell me making it impossible for the average person to change their headlight bulb without visiting the stealership for $130 an hour wasn’t intentional. Drives me absolutely insane

I think it was a BMW vehicle that they recommend going to the dealer to open the hood.  It's a two person job, and there is a You-Tube video on how to do it.

There is a small port on the side so that you can boost the car without popping the hood.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, AKRISONER said:

check this song

LOL, a lot of that old Detroit iron has returned to nature, what is left is pricey! You could get a nice ride for 3 = 4 K back in the day.

9 minutes ago, OhioFisherman said:

You could get a nice ride for 3 = 4 K back in the day.

My Dad bought a brand new 1961 Chevy pick-up for $1800.

Now we pay that much for a new set of tires & a tank of gas ....well almost  LOL

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, OhioFisherman said:

Things have sure changed, back in the day you only drove a pick up if you had too?

My folks always had a couple vehicles and the pick-up was used for camping / fishing trips. My Dad was very handy and built a camper on the back of the truck with log siding and with everything we needed inside. That was before campers became  popular and there was often people come over to look at it.

Sadly my Dad was buried 23 years ago yesterday.

2 hours ago, lew said:

My Dad bought a brand new 1961 Chevy pick-up for $1800.

Now we pay that much for a new set of tires & a tank of gas ....well almost  LOL

Ya...cause it costs more than that for a set of truck tires and a tank of gas these days lol...I’m pretty sure a set of Canadian tire tires for my truck will cost me $1,500 the last time I looked.