manitoubass2

DanD

What happened? I got a pretty good idea what happened

There's been lots of great Ontario outdoors people here, great anglers and great characters, people who have done lots of crazy trips with crazy experiences because of their obsession with fishing, they fish 24/7,  who have found this site and then have been pushed away by the old boys club group of guys that treat this forum like their own personal blog and shun anyone who isn't in the original club.

that's my take on it, if you scroll through the list of members you'll probably wonder- what ever happened to that guy, and that guy? where did they all go?

Ric's alive and well, I see him on FB, I've got lots of friends on FB and I don't really know who they are because they left here and didn't keep their handle and sent me a friend request because of our interaction here

I'm not calling you out Dax, quite the opposite, I liked how you guys butted heads, it was entertaining, it was the bullying, pile on, you're not one of us boys club mentality that killed a bunch of good posters here

it is what it is, a personal blog for a small circle of friends, outsiders not welcome

• Like 8
  • Sad 1

It’s more like someone saying they do stuff that doesn’t fit with normal accepted society.  Then they double down on it.  The hole that’s created is so big they just get buried.   Then they move to blaming others for the problems.  

In the 18 years I've been on this board there's been so many folks leave I couldn't even imagine how many. Some make a big issue about leaving while others just simply disappear into the night never to be heard from again.

Some come back & some don't.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, GBW said:

I spoke to him on the phone last night, he's alive and doing okay.  He was a bit taken back that people here wonder how he's doing too.  He said he may stop in for a visit (here).  

Great news! Glad to hear he’s doing well. He must have a dozen kids by now!! 😂

Hope to hear from him soon.