Missing Family Time.

Since all this virus crap has started I haven’t been able to see most of my family. 
April 2nd my daughter had a baby girl; I’ve only have seen her on face time or in pictures  

43F11481-10F3-4BA7-B560-B8C1F9207C92.jpeg.030bf9c598805a77a616b13cce3229d2.jpeg

My son’s daughter Lila (2years old going on 10) that we love playing together. Again only on face time. 
A038C779-A3A6-4DF9-9D95-1A72459EA0D3.jpeg.9e443f70002605c0e81cb0b4fd51b2da.jpeg

My brother that has cancer and his immunity is shot from all his treatments that I cannot go see. Here’s a pic of his first ever musky. Two years ago on St.Clair. 
4F762F55-70FE-43CE-9E93-6C5D0533C998.jpeg.842035cdbcbeb67c2f7370d67ee2efc2.jpeg

Then there’s my favourite little (285 pound) nephew that loves ice fishing. That his son has cancer that we don’t want to take a chance of being a virus carrier. 
FE97DE99-1E16-46B6-82F0-4881AE01932B.jpeg.b86c68f45c799285729a52f53e5be247.jpeg

There are 30 plus more of family members that I also miss not being with; but I’ve bored you people enough; but it feels better opening up as to how much I’ve taken them for granite  
After we all get though this crap; I know I’ll appreciate our time together even more  

Dan. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I hear you Dan I have daughter in Newmarket with  3 kids another in Brooklin with 2 and another in Kleingburg with 2. All healthy but they used to come over very Sunday. last Sunday two of them did a drive by! And the video thing every day.

Hopefully this will end in the near future. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Sux for sure Dan, my daughter is over 100 miles from us and 3 weeks ago she was in the hospital for a week, then home for a week, then back in hospital for another week. Weren't allowed to go see her and now that she's home we still can't see her. 

No idea when this will all end but hopefully...for all of us...it'll be sooner rather than later.

BTW, cute kids Dan and congrats on the addition of the new member.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, lew said:

cute kids

HAHAHA

We were all cute kids Lew, til we grew up. Well, I am still cute, according to me mudder . LOL

I get to see my Lilly on this cell phone thingy like the rest of you,s . She misses her sleep overs as do I, but even at 8 years old, she totally understands what is going on .  We need to just let this virus run it,s course, and we will all enjoy that missed hug . More then we ever have  before .

Imagine the story they will have to tell their grand kids of this . Lets hope if this ever happens again, they will be better prepared then we .

They are cute kiddies Dan .:good:

• Like 2

I hear you Dan, my daughter has been battling nonhodgkins lymphoma for years now, her immune system is shot from all the chemotherapy,  my son has ulcerative colitis,  his immune system is compromised,  he just turned 50 (once in a lifetime thing) I  wanted to be with him so much but wouldn't gamble........ I want so much to be with them but I'm stuck sitting here by myself praying that they stay safe.

• Like 1

A very familiar story about the times we are living in. This Easter will be tough for so many families that have been making this holiday a reason to get together.

I hope your brother is doing well...I hate to hear about anyone battling cancer. He does have the familiar Musky Smile that a certain member of the OFC family has apparently made very popular! 

As bad as we want to see them, we want to see them healthy.

• Like 2

I fell your pain, everyone.  My kids are 16 and 13 now and I can't see them.  My folks, can't see them either.  Lucky side is Sue has been living with me almost a year so she's stuck here, LoL.  

• Like 1

I feel for everyone here who can't see their kids and grandkids. While the boss and I don't have any rugrats, not seeing sisters and bro, and friends, leaves a huge hole. I can't begin to imagine how much catching up there will be when we turn the tide, and put this in the rear view mirror.

be safe, stay safe everyone.

Edited by woodenboater
  • Like 1

I'm so glad that I posted my feelings in this thread. So many of us are in the same boat as I am. The heart felt replies actually have helped me feel better.

Thank you People!

Who would have thought that a fishing forum could produce so many kind friends.

Dan.

• Like 3

Dan, I struggle daily because my kids are with my ex and cannot come here.  My daughter who is 16 has begged me twice since this all started to come live here and sadly I have had to say sorry but no.  I would love it if she did but with what's going on, she has to stay put... 

I will fully admit that I have my very emotional moods missing my kids, parents and friends but I know it's for the best to do so.

Good luck all and try and stay sane.  

Geoff 

• Like 2