Had the opp called on me for fishing

ecmilley

11 hours ago, lew said:

What exactly did he get the ticket for, from what I understand it's still legal to be in a park unless signed otherwise and your not using any park equipment including benches.

Seems really strange he'd get a ticket for simply being in a legal place.

there was caution tape and signage around he ignored, the cops were hiding and popped out and yelled for him to come over, he was close to his house and jogging by himself

9 hours ago, chris.brock said:

there was caution tape and signage around he ignored, the cops were hiding and popped out and yelled for him to come over, he was close to his house and jogging by himself

OK thanks Chris, I spose if he ignored the signs there's not much he can do about it.

• Like 1

On 4/9/2020 at 8:57 PM, Weeds said:

How can you close just one zone? I can’t imagine they have enough staff to police all the access points in any zone. Although I can see it happening, I did after all just shell out close to 200 bucks for a three year sport and small game card.  With a little luck they’ll cancel hunting in the fall too.

It’s about managing densely populated areas, zone 17 includes most of the population of Ontario, whereas as in Zone 1 its only Moosebunk and his family, a few beavers and an elk.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Due to resident complaints at a private launch the opp visited and convinced the owner to gate the launch so no one can access the lake. Guess this means I'll be breaking the law lol. 2 man operation can have the ranger off the trailer on 30 seconds and drive truck back to house

• Like 1

On 4/10/2020 at 9:00 AM, Beans said:

Hope it isn't so Cliff...Cripes, we gotta have sumpin' to look forward to

Like living to a ripe old age? Sumptin' like that Beans? That's what I'm looking forward to Cliff, and if it means not taking the boat out well that's what I am going to do, look forward to living longer and doing my absolute best to ensure I am not the one that passes on this thing to people I love and care about, simple as that

I am going to tell you all what I say to everyone I know that goes for a ride to get out of the house because they all say they aren't in contact with another soul and not harming anyone. The idea is that if for any reason 1st responders need to be called out resources are squandered. Vehicles should be on the roads for 2 reasons. 1, to get to and from work if you are considered to be essential. 2, to get to and from grocery stores,  pharmacies and getting fuel to get to and back from an essential job. I think that is pretty simple. I won't delve into the discussion as to whom and what should or shouldn't be essential. I will say this though, our 1st responders are the most essential people we have right now. 

Please just stay home. It's tough, it's boring, it's terrible but it's better than being dead. I don't know how hard that is to understand. In my humble opinion and that of the leaders we elected to make the tough decisions for us just stay home. Nice fish but please just stay home. 

Edited by Old Ironmaker
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, lew said:

It sure seems somewhat encouraging.

My girlfriend is a ICU nurse in Minnesota and current models for that area are showing their peak late May to early June. It really looks like the spread more easily controlled in less densly populated areas

2 hours ago, Dutch01 said:

As I see it this is evidence that what we've done up to now is working.

Partly, but also partly that the virus is not as dangerous as what we are being led to believe. How much of this is being done to take away our individual rights and freedoms? To drive an agenda.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, big guy said:

Partly, but also partly that the virus is not as dangerous as what we are being led to believe. How much of this is being done to take away our individual rights and freedoms? To drive an agenda.

If our mitigation efforts work we will never know how many lives were not lost. There is still time for this to go either way.

I can't take any talk about a conspiracy to "take our rights" seriously.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, big guy said:

How much of this is being done to take away our individual rights and freedoms? To drive an agenda.

I don't think that's the case. I think our politicians and medical officers got caught with their pants down and now their heads are spinning trying to close the gate after the lion has already got out.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, big guy said:

An agenda for who exactly?