Had the opp called on me for fishing

ecmilley

So out doing some crappie fishing today. Few boats out there guess the people in the canals and back bays been calling g the opp for fishing .

As it turns out they can't stop me but with the Kawartha lakes closing the parks and all municipal launches and you decide to park there they will tow your vehicle and trailer be warned friends. 

20200408_135302_HDR.jpg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Big Cliff said:

Nice fish, hope you didn't get towed.

Nope was on private property. All is good there. But finding it odd people calling the cops everywhere about fishing and the opp showing up . Seen someone deciding a private launch was off limits and made a sign of closed ramp lol. This pandemic bringing the pettiness and racism out fairly good

3 hours ago, ecmilley said:

Nope was on private property. All is good there. But finding it odd people calling the cops everywhere about fishing and the opp showing up . Seen someone deciding a private launch was off limits and made a sign of closed ramp lol. This pandemic bringing the pettiness and racism out fairly good

At least you got out fishing!

Edited by porkpie

14 hours ago, Big Cliff said:

I just heard today that they may close zone 17 this spring, they are worried too many people will go fishing and they haven't got the staff to police all the access points. 

this is gutting me, i had so much confidence going into this spring

Ok. 

I'm a bit of a history buff and hearing the stories my dad has told me; about the occupation of Belgium; during WW2.  This pandemic sounds very familiar. Where people for minimal reasons call officials on their neighbors. Sad that people think that they're doing the right thing by calling the "officials"  for/on people for things that are not harming anyone. I think these type of things are going to continue; until were afraid to do anything without being prosecuted???

Dan.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, chris.brock said:

Nice slab!

And yeah, the cops have been instructed to enforce. My uncle got a $750 ticket today for jogging by himself through a park by his house.

That's going a little too far if he was by himself.  Next time tell him to carry a bag of donuts.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Big Cliff said:

I just heard today that they may close zone 17 this spring, they are worried too many people will go fishing and they haven't got the staff to police all the access points. 

How can you close just one zone? I can’t imagine they have enough staff to police all the access points in any zone. Although I can see it happening, I did after all just shell out close to 200 bucks for a three year sport and small game card.  With a little luck they’ll cancel hunting in the fall too.

11 hours ago, chris.brock said:

My uncle got a $750 ticket today for jogging by himself through a park by his house.

What exactly did he get the ticket for, from what I understand it's still legal to be in a park unless signed otherwise and your not using any park equipment including benches.

Seems really strange he'd get a ticket for simply being in a legal place.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Big Cliff said:

Hope it isn't so Cliff...Cripes, we gotta have sumpin' to look forward to

1 hour ago, lew said:

What exactly did he get the ticket for, from what I understand it's still legal to be in a park unless signed otherwise and your not using any park equipment including benches.

Seems really strange he'd get a ticket for simply being in a legal place.

As I understand it Lew the park lands are completely closed and in fact most are taped off and have signage indicating it. I saw a couple walking their dog through a waterfront park here in Grimsby and even I thought it was strange. They must have ducked under the caution taped to get in. 

13 hours ago, chris.brock said:

Nice slab!

And yeah, the cops have been instructed to enforce. My uncle got a $750 ticket today for jogging by himself through a park by his house.

Wow $750 is pretty damn steep!!! Looking back over history, if he would have snuck in to the park and been poaching trout during the off season using dynamite, it would have been $100. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, grimsbylander said:

As I understand it Lew the park lands are completely closed and in fact most are taped off and have signage indicating it. I saw a couple walking their dog through a waterfront park here in Grimsby and even I thought it was strange. They must have ducked under the caution taped to get in. 

If you go down a couple paragraphs it specifically says "green spaces such as parks" will remain open, but perhaps that's also been changed since this was written.

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/ontario-closes-all-playgrounds-sports-facilities-and-off-leash-dog-parks-1.4875261

Edited by lew

5 minutes ago, lew said:

If you go down a couple paragraphs it specifically says "green spaces such as parks" will remain open, but perhaps that's also been changed since this was written.

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/ontario-closes-all-playgrounds-sports-facilities-and-off-leash-dog-parks-1.4875261

Yes it’s right in there! It seems every municipality has their own spin on how to manage it. 

1 hour ago, grimsbylander said:

Yes it’s right in there! It seems every municipality has their own spin on how to manage it. 

I'm no lawyer but if the Premiers words are written in plain English saying parks will remain open, but some municipalities put their own spin on it and fine someone $750 for doing what the boss says is OK, there shouldn't be any problem beating it in court.

And for $750 it's sure be worthwhile fighting it.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, CRAPPIE said:

Where is it?

NOTICE:  Municipality to allow access to boat launches

The County of Prince Edward is allowing public access to municipal boat launches.

The municipality continues to monitor conditions, given the COVID-19 outbreak and high water levels on Lake Ontario, and will make adjustments in the future if necessary.  

Signs have been installed at the boat launch sites informing the public to:
  • Stay in their vehicles when waiting to launch
  • Avoid congregating
  • Maintain physical distancing of 2 m/6 ft at all times
County by-law enforcement will be monitoring the boat launches to ensure compliance with the provincial regulation prohibiting social gatherings of more than five people.
  • Like 1