Scalloped Potatoes Recipe Needed Please

Hi Guys and Gals,   I need a family recipe, easy cook recipe ,  My wife has Glaucoma and we would

appreciate LARGE  FONTS  if you can please.  Her vision is impaired .

Scalloped  Potatoes were her Grampa"s  favorite-----mine to.

Yup, sliced potatoes, onion, cheese and a broth (celery is safest broth to use for those with allergies) and if you want it a tad bit crispy some bacon bits and or bead crumbs.  Cheese!!!  

Edited by GBW

ON THE BBQ

SLICED POTATOES THIN

SLICED LARGE SWEET ONION THIN

GARLIC FRESH ( USE A FINE GRATER )

BUTTER

PARMESAN CHEESE  ( SHAVED OR POWDER )

SALT AND PEPPER TO TASTE

LAY OUT SHEET OF TIN FOIL

LAYER POTATO AND ONION. OVER LAPPING EACH OTHER

GRATE FRESH GARLIC OVER

ADD A DOLLOP OF BUTTER.

SPRINKLE CHEESE

FOLD THE TIN FOIL TO MAKE SURE IT,S TENTED A BIT.

I PUT THESE ON THE TOP GRATE OF THE BBQ NOT ON THE BOTTOM ONES. USUALLY TAKES 20-25 MINUTES TO COOK .

• Like 2

19 hours ago, GBW said:

Yup, sliced potatoes, onion, cheese and a broth (celery is safest broth to use for those with allergies) and if you want it a tad bit crispy some bacon bits and or bead crumbs.  Cheese!!!  

Interesting, all I've ever used is milk almost to the top of the layers. Scalloped potatoes are always in a creamy sauce for me. Lot's of onions and black pepper along with flour and butter between each layer. Sometimes I'll add cheese or bacon.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ketchenany said:

Never had them but would cream of mushroom got a lot more flavour? Love that soup :)

I loved that soup too Albert till I became allergic to mushrooms.  Hence the change up to another cream based soup. 

The soup makes it nice and rich with the cheese.

On 4/9/2020 at 8:59 PM, smitty55 said:

Interesting, all I've ever used is milk almost to the top of the layers. Scalloped potatoes are always in a creamy sauce for me. Lot's of onions and black pepper along with flour and butter between each layer. Sometimes I'll add cheese or bacon.

Exactly how we make it. My wife's is better than mine. Never cheese or bacon. Butter and taters is enough calories for me. 

I follow my mom's recipe which doesn't use any soup or milk.

In a casserole dish, I layer the bottom with slices of butter.  Top the butter with the thinly slice potato, one layer. Add sliced onions on top of the potato layer, then salt, garlic power and Parmmy cheese, then another layer of thinnly sliced butter. Repeat the layers until you reach the top of the dish. The top layer gets the same as below, except it gets significantly more Parmmy cheese on top.

Bake at 375 for 45 to an hour.

No, this is NOT a low cal version, but the potatoes will get crispy and butter saturated. Feel free to dip any bread into the butter at the bottom of the dish!

HH

• Like 4