Your outdoor fishing/hunting update

misfish

3 hours ago, canoecarrier said:

The hunting part will be interesting, with hunt camps and groups of people and so on. How is that going to work?

It's not going to work canoecarrier. 

What is not clear to me is some of the language concerning boat launches and marinas. Some county directives say ALL PUBLIC LAUNCHES AND MARINAS CLOSED. Other counties say ALL LAUNCHES AND MARINAS CLOSED. My question is if it doesn't specify the word "public" does that mean private launches are not to be used as well? I have a few friends out here that have private launches right at their lakefront properties. Can they or I use them to launch? Up until reading the letter from the MOT I would say yes, now I;m not positive. Then you wonder why our county of only 45,000 people has 100 lawyers. 

Edited by Old Ironmaker

The provincial gov said recreational places need to be restricted but left it to municipalities to implement it is each municipality can put their our spin on it. More areas have start opening up boat ramps because they can 

and marinas are not essential businesses but like other nonessential businesses if they can do curbside pickup or keep doing business without people interacting they can keep open
so some marinas have cash box set up and ramp opened you put your 10 bucks I. The slot and launch you boat  keeping within the guidelines 

2174E6A8-2C8C-4F23-BA00-6E212EF79B84.png

5 hours ago, Terry said:

The provincial gov said recreational places need to be restricted but left it to municipalities to implement it is each municipality can put their our spin on it. More areas have start opening up boat ramps because they can 

and marinas are not essential businesses but like other nonessential businesses if they can do curbside pickup or keep doing business without people interacting they can keep open
so some marinas have cash box set up and ramp opened you put your 10 bucks I. The slot and launch you boat  keeping within the guidelines 

2174E6A8-2C8C-4F23-BA00-6E212EF79B84.png

That is awesome. I am wondering if they will do same thing for IBP. Simcoe is too close but right now it is so far.

46 minutes ago, Terry said:

I sent an emailed the town telling them that other municipalities have opened them and that ford said go fish. If enough people talk to the town who knows 

Terry, can you give me the name of person you talked to?

I will call as well. 

Thank you sir

57 minutes ago, Terry said:

I sent an emailed the town telling them that other municipalities have opened them and that ford said go fish. If enough people talk to the town who knows 

Terry, when and where did Premier Ford say "go fish."? 

Edited by Old Ironmaker

16 minutes ago, Cosmos said:

This is a reply:

Good afternoon Kosta,

The Town of Innisfil has closed all public boat launches and water access points located along Lake Simcoe.

For more information please visit: https://innisfil.ca/covid-19-boat-launch-faq/

Well I quoted ford and gave them links to what he said and other municipalities that have opened and asked them to consider opening them 

A public service warning for all. I was a card carrying member of OFAH for years and I just went away for some reason. So when I saw this thread I saw the membership app and re joined with selecting to "receive" the news letters updates. Within minutes I received their email selling their OFAH hats, t-shirts and jackets, mugs and stuff I don't want,  I didn't join to be sold stuff. I tried to cancel the "news letters" but the sales crap keeps on coming. 

Just a warning. I'm disappointed to say the least. Now I remember why I didn't stay with them. 

Edited by Old Ironmaker
  • Like 1

On 4/19/2020 at 8:45 PM, Old Ironmaker said:

A public service warning for all. I was a card carrying member of OFAH for years and I just went away for some reason. So when I saw this thread I saw the membership app and re joined with selecting to "receive" the news letters updates. Within minutes I received their email selling their OFAH hats, t-shirts and jackets, mugs and stuff I don't want,  I didn't join to be sold stuff. I tried to cancel the "news letters" but the sales crap keeps on coming. 

Just a warning. I'm disappointed to say the least. Now I remember why I didn't stay with them. 

And that is why I stopped joining the OFAH, just got sick of all the emails and mailings all the time.

Rob

Edited by Rob
  • Like 1

On 4/17/2020 at 2:09 PM, misfish said:

Learn to bake,cook and smoke . It will take yer mind off of fishing .  LOL

Some are going to push the envelope and once again,it will all get shut down . Just wait, it will happen .

I made oatmeal cookies today. It's the 2nd attempt at baking cookies in my entire life. They turned out well. All I had to do is measure 2.25 cups of the premixed dry and added 1/4 cup of water. I added some crushed up cashews to the mix, I didn't burn them and turned out pretty good I'm told. I don't eat cookies, never have even as a kid. 

Try quitting smoking in the hopefully "middle" of this Global Pandemic we all face. 

• Like 1

On 4/17/2020 at 2:09 PM, misfish said:

Learn to bake,cook and smoke . It will take yer mind off of fishing .  LOL

Some are going to push the envelope and once again,it will all get shut down . Just wait, it will happen .

Been doing allot of smoking and getting baked....

On sat. I'm gonna isolate in the woods with a shotgun,  hopefully throw a big ole gobbler over my shoulder. 

• Like 1