Boat Launches Open for Fishing - Petition

RPW

20 minutes ago, Whitespinnerbait said:

Are you friggin kidding me...???????

Thats sick !!!

No dude, true story.  The list was updated yesterday I’m not sure if the situation remains the same, and I’m not about to check until back to work time.

Edited by porkpie

18 minutes ago, Terry said:

I live very close to the lake   if I drive I have zero contact with people   Walking a dog or going for a walk can not say the same 
most  ramps are most closed but not all and  And my small boat can be put in the water anywhere and it is just as legal to fish as walking , when they stop all legal activity I will obey as everyone should 
but at the moment it is legal exactly the same as walking only safer 

I have no idea what your point is. The thread is about public boat launches. Not launching a small boat from anywhere.

If people just can’t reason out the difference between going for a walk and filtering activity through a ramp, this explains why it continues to spread. 
If there was ever a time to use a sledgehammer on a finishing nail, this it it. We can either all observe the rules and be done with this in a month, or cheat because we think we’re smarter than the health officials and still be living this crap in September. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Terry said:

I live very close to the lake   if I drive I have zero contact with people   Walking a dog or going for a walk can not say the same 
most  ramps are most closed but not all and  And my small boat can be put in the water anywhere and it is just as legal to fish as walking , when they stop all legal activity I will obey as everyone should 

I knew you lived close to the lake and I suspected that would form the basis of your argument.

Every government official and public health official in Canada is begging people to stay at home and warning that failure to do so will cost lives. As people continue to flout this advice they are bringing in ever stricter measures to try and gain compliance.  If you will only do the right thing when forced to under penalty of law then that is unfortunate.

Edited by Dutch01
  • Like 1

On 4/3/2020 at 11:53 AM, woodenboater said:

we're all gonna be looking like grizzly adams by the time we get over this pandemic. not sure I want to go at my hair with a pair of scissors and a mirror lol

be safe, and stay safe everyone

You might want to but a bowl from me. Only $300 plus shipping while supplies last!!

empty-green-plastic-bowl-isolated-260nw-241261765.jpg

Re the petition---thanks but no thanks. Over 100 names WOW!! 😁

Edited by SirCranksalot
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Voluntarily or enforced, the result is the same.  Where are all these folks the rest of the time?  All you ever see ordinarily is people screaming about their Charter rights.  Who knew all it would take was one good virus for the whole world to become communists LOL.

2 hours ago, Whitespinnerbait said:

Are you friggin kidding me...???????

Thats sick !!!

I've checked the previous list and the new list top to bottom and don't believe that "pet grooming" is on either list of essential businesses...maybe on a Facebook page or something not on the government sites.   Here is an article with the old list...

https://torontostoreys.com/ontario-essential-businesses-stay-open-covid-19/

I've noticed lately that misinformation spreads at least as easily, if not more so, than covid-19 does. 

Edited by G.mech

1 hour ago, G.mech said:

I've checked the previous list and the new list top to bottom and don't believe that "pet grooming" is on either list of essential businesses...maybe on a Facebook page or something not on the government sites.   Here is an article with the old list...

https://torontostoreys.com/ontario-essential-businesses-stay-open-covid-19/

I've noticed lately that misinformation spreads at least as easily, if not more so, than covid-19 does. 

Section 71 of the old list.  Other service providers.  I know exactly what I’m speaking of.  And I haven’t spread a single rumour or piece of misinformation.  So here is some more real information for everyone on this thread.  There is currently no restriction on your movement about the province.   At this point it is merely a suggestion.  There is also no restriction on your freedom to meet in groups, so long as it is 5 or less.  You can also drive in a car with other people not of your household, as long as there are less than 5 in that car.  You can’t operate a business that’s not on an essential list, and you can go for walks, ride your bike, run the dog, etc etc. unless it’s in a closed area.  You can’t have a party with 10 of your closest friends, unless it’s a funeral, you can’t play softball in a park, you can’t use a municipal boat launch that has been closed by the governing body.  But should you choose to go fishing or drive to Kapuskasing for groceries, or even take up residence in your cottage at this point your free to do so even though they are “strongly suggesting” you don’t.  As long as you don’t enter into areas that have been closed to do these things you aren’t violating any rules.... yet. Your right Gmech, there is a lot of misinformation going around both online or on threads like this.  I’ve seen it here and on Facebook.

Edited by porkpie

If you are standing on legal technicalities to avoid the inconvenience of doing the right thing to protect others, it will be you we have to thank when government is forced to declare martial law.

If you are demanding the Prime Minister "put Canadians first" while refusing to do the same, you need to take a long look in the mirror.

Apparently freedom is lost on the free - it doesn't come without responsibility.

A209EA86-9284-4D57-ABDB-21AFB5196544.jpeg

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, porkpie said:

Section 71 of the old list.  Other service providers.. Your right Gmech, there is a lot of misinformation going around both online or on threads like this.  I’ve seen it here and on Faceboosnk.

Here is the snip from the March 24th ON Reg 106.  Maybe it's a matter of interpretation but to me, 'pet grooming' doesn't seem to fall in the 'health and welfare of animals' section any more than a barber shop would be considered an essential 'health service' for humans.  That said, it really isn't specifically listed so I guess it's like a lot of the other things that are pretty grey....let's just leave it at that, it's pretty irrelevant anyway.  Sorry to question you.  

image.png.f4f551e4308046d29f011458dc66df53.png

Edited by G.mech
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Terry said:

I just hope you are not going to share our little boat launch locations . Last thing we do not need is, our fan base that want to talk and get our autographs . Aint got no time for that .

• Haha 1

Dog's shots are due monday, phone conversation when the vet called today. Park in front, call that you are there, get dog out of vehicle on leash, they will come out and attach their leash, i remove mine, they take the dog inside for appointment and call me when finished and bring the dog out and reverse the leash thing. Pay by credit card or debit, no cash, they will bring the machine to me outside.  

• Like 1

Let's keep this friendly or I will lock it.  While this is trying times, we all need to do what is right for each other. If you can avoid going out and possibly spreading the virus stay at home. If you need to go out for an essential trip take all of the precautions that you can. I  wear a  cloth mask over my mouth and use sanitizer  on my hands before I leave my vehicle as well as when I get back in. I do this because I do not want to spread this to my family. I think I might be able to  survive  the virus but what if I don't? What if I do survive it but kill my Mom or brother? I don't want to find out so I do what is needed to lessen the risk. This is NOT the Flu it is much worse. Are we making more of this than what it  needs to be? We will never know because if we do these steps it will be over quicker and have less casualties so it proves both sides of the argument. Take the time to try to understand that  this is not like a war where you know that the enemy is just over the hill and you might die but think about it as a invisible enemy that will attack you 10 days before you know you have been shot. 

Be civil please and don't think that your answer is the only one that is correct or that other opinions are not valid. 

thanks 

Art

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

At this point all of our ramps are open and the rule is no boats within 50 feet of each other and no more than 10 people per vessel regardless of size (doesn't make much sense).

Not sure I understand the 50 ft in the open air and it is 6 feet on land, but I seldom am within 50 feet of another boat.

Edited by Crimsongulf

3 hours ago, Big Cliff said:

Guess who is still open and doing hair, nails and brows?

The Mortician!! You want an appointment?

Keep going outside.

Well, it is 74* here at about 6 pm.  TW and I are out on the dock imbibing.

We have a neighbor down the reach that does hair and I am on the schedule for Monday at 9.  She is 66 and hasn't been anywhere since all of the hullabaloo started.

30 minutes ago, Cast-Away said:

What happened to the guy that started this thread, he has not replied since page 2

Quietly observing! 😊

I’ve made my points and disagree with some others, but I’m not changing any minds so no use in arguing.

Also, I’m laying some floor the kitchen so that’s keeping me busy... Noticed our house once had some beautiful linoleum, thinking about keeping it!

D8EF83AE-A0D1-480B-BD17-C3B8F0D1667A.jpeg