Boat Launches Open for Fishing - Petition

RPW

23 minutes ago, lew said:

I see from your petition at the bottom of your page that you still think because your a fisherman your more important than pleasure boaters....so sad.

You cannot modify a petition after it is started, and I have little faith that it will make much difference anyways - therefore I am not starting a new one just to include pleasure boating.

Thanks for your valued insight though.

9 minutes ago, lew said:

Nothing to do with valued insight, I just have no use for folks who think they're more important than others.

Well thanks for the information.

Not that it really matters, at all. But I drive a bow rider, and use it mostly for pleasure boating - and occasionally fishing. I often enjoy taking the wife out for a ride in the evening booting across the lake without fishing at all, and even more enjoy going out with our friends and sitting at the local sandbar with the radio going and swimming. So do I think I am better than pleasure boaters? No, I am one.

I believed by chances of getting ramps re-opened for fishing purposes to be greater than pleasure boating - and that is why I chose that route.

According to the signature count, in over one week there has been less than 300 people think it's a good idea; there is a message here. This thread alone has had 7500 views. You do realize it would take a WELL into 6 figures, probably 7, before anyone would even read it?? More and more ramps are being shut down every week and you're going to start another petition? lol 

I've seen petitions on this petition.org before and unfortunately, 99% of the time it's nothing more than a vehicle for people that want to push their own agendas. Last month there was a woman who wanted her son's 8 year old's hockey team to be able to continue playing because "they really worked hard and were probably going to win".

God help us combat Covid-19 and stupidity.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, grimsbylander said:

According to the signature count, in over one week there has been less than 300 people think it's a good idea; there is a message here. This thread alone has had 7500 views. You do realize it would take a WELL into 6 figures, probably 7, before anyone would even read it?? More and more ramps are being shut down every week and you're going to start another petition? lol 

I've seen petitions on this petition.org before and unfortunately, 99% of the time it's nothing more than a vehicle for people that want to push their own agendas. Last month there was a woman who wanted her son's 8 year old's hockey team to be able to continue playing because "they really worked hard and were probably going to win".

God help us combat Covid-19 and stupidity.

I’m sorry, please do show me where I said I was going to start another petition.

Thanks.

2 minutes ago, SirCranksalot said:

It is quite obvious that this petition is going nowhere and for that I am thankful! 

Glad I can’t even post an article with an interesting point of view without getting jumped on. You keyboard warriors are an awesome time. 

Edited by RPW

Just now, LefroyFisherman said:

I’ve quite enjoyed thinking and listening about both sides of this. It’s a nice thought but I think the best thing to do is shut them down, not even people would follow the rules. 

This is the article I am talking about at the moment.

1 hour ago, RPW said:

Nothing about the boat ramps.

Wow you guys are all pretty short sighted eh.

The last 10 posts were completely irrelevant to the post I made.

Fun group we have here, enjoyed the intellectual conversation, guys.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RPW said:

If anyone is interested in reading this... A different point of view from what we are experiencing. I found it interesting.

Edited by RPW

Regarding the number of views this topic has and number who have signed the petition. Apples and oranges. People could be shore fishermen, or not a fisherman at all, just showing an interest in the topic. Its impossible to know why people view certain topics.

As for the comments on this page, its no wonder threads get locked, why cant people discuss things rationally? Like the old saying, if you dont have anything good to say...

2 hours ago, RPW said:

If anyone is interested in reading this... A different point of view from what we are experiencing. I found it interesting.

Shocker...an American right wing journalism agency writes an article aligning with Trump’s point of view that the lock downs need to be removed in order to keep the economy going. 

if you are going to bring articles into this discussion please ensure that they are bipartisan and written by actual medical professionals that are not lobbied by American corporations. Thanks.

in other words, get that garbage out of here

Edited by AKRISONER
  • Like 3