Boat Launches Open for Fishing - Petition

RPW

1 hour ago, RPW said:

Quietly observing! 😊

I’ve made my points and disagree with some others, but I’m not changing any minds so no use in arguing.

Also, I’m laying some floor the kitchen so that’s keeping me busy... Noticed our house once had some beautiful linoleum, thinking about keeping it!

D8EF83AE-A0D1-480B-BD17-C3B8F0D1667A.jpeg

pull it up and give yourself a new casting deck ;)  or bin it lol

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Whitespinnerbait said:

Are you friggin kidding me...???????

Thats sick !!!

Lol the “essential list” is basically bogus FYI...it’s Inherently designed to simply stop store front operations aside from grocery stores. Aside from that nothing else closes. My brother literally works at a board game distribution company and they Are considered to be an essential service because they are involved in “manufacturing and distribution”

insane right?

On 4/1/2020 at 3:12 PM, Big Cliff said:

The problem is that YOU might follow the rules but too many others won't.  Where are you going to get gas, where are you going to get bait, tackle..... where are the others going to get their supplies?  Do you WANT to go fishing or do you NEED to go fishing? 

Pretty sure no one on this board needs more tackle and you dont need bait to catch fish. Gas stations will always be open.

Personally, i want to go fishing and should be able to given the places i usually go, which are off the beaten path.

I do the exact same thing

and I am so close to the lake I don’t think I will need gas for months for the truck and have more cans of gas sitting here then I know what to do with. 

Edited by Terry
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, BillM said:

Am I the only one that leaves the house, launches the boat, goes fishing, loads the boat then goes home?   

Nope , I don’t stop to chat, lick people or buy coffee either.

Edited by porkpie
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Big Cliff said:

Deaths in Canada jumped by 20% today alone and its going to get worse! The biggest cause is people thinking the rules don't apply to them. 

There have been 258 deaths in Canada so far, 22 of them have come from 1 nursing home in Bobcaygeon. Its caused by close contact, not by being 100s of feet apart on a lake.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, big guy said:

There have been 258 deaths in Canada so far, 22 of them have come from 1 nursing home in Bobcaygeon. Its caused by close contact, not by being 100s of feet apart on a lake.

You are a little behind, 274 deaths, over 14,000 cases and unless people start following the rules it going to get even worse and last a lot longer.  You might think you are invincible and you should be able to do whatever you want. I hope and pray that it isn't a member of your family that makes the list because someone wasn't willing to be inconvenienced! 

One thing I do know, I will do everything I can to make sure I don't contribute to the problem. Too bad many people only seem to care about themselves! 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Big Cliff said:

You are a little behind, 274 deaths, over 14,000 cases and unless people start following the rules it going to get even worse and last a lot longer.  You might think you are invincible and you should be able to do whatever you want. I hope and pray that it isn't a member of your family that makes the list because someone wasn't willing to be inconvenienced! 

One thing I do know, I will do everything I can to make sure I don't contribute to the problem. Too bad many people only seem to care about themselves! 

I understand that you worried about all this, we all are or should be, but I have been living with it since the middle of March when my wife started showing symptoms. She works at the Pinecrest home in Bobcaygeon and was diagnosed with it, her positive test result came back on March 27th. She has since recovered and has had 2 negative tests and is returning to work tomorrow. I'm not saying I am an expert about any of this, but when 1 person of your family has it and brings it home and the other 3 people in the home have yet to develop symptoms (knock on wood), since March 17th or so, it proves that isolation and taking precautions can work. Living in the same home with it, is far different than going fishing for a day where, as I said before, you are literally 100s of feet from another person. In my personal situation, I gravitate toward the smaller lakes of Haliburton and Eastern Ontario, where you see very few fisherman over the course of the day, sometimes none. Even launching in Fenelon, to fish Cameron Lake, you are never that close to another person to be worried about it being transmitted to you. If someone gets within 10 feet, you tell them to back off, it's that simple.

Making comments about people being selfish does not help facilitate an intellectual discussion about it either. At the end of the day, the government will make the rules and the police will enforce them. So far there has been no mandatory order to stay home, just a strong suggestion and those suggestions are aimed at the people who weren't being smart in the cities that were taking their kids to parks etc. I don't see how a person fishing on their own in the middle of a lake is anywhere near the same situation. When and I believe it will happen, the government orders us to stay home and the police stop me from towing my boat to my favourite lake, then I will, until then we should be able to fish... with caution and using common sense. It really is a to each his own debate.

Edited by big guy
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, big guy said:

I understand that you worried about all this, we all are or should be, but I have been living with it since the middle of March when my wife started showing symptoms. She works at the Pinecrest home in Bobcaygeon and was diagnosed with it, her positive test result came back on March 27th. She has since recovered and has had 2 negative tests and is returning to work tomorrow. I'm not saying I am an expert about any of this, but when 1 person of your family has it and brings it home and the other 3 people in the home have yet to develop symptoms (knock on wood), since March 17th or so, it proves that isolation and taking precautions can work. Living in the same home with it, is far different than going fishing for a day where, as I said before, you are literally 100s of feet from another person. In my personal situation, I gravitate toward the smaller lakes of Haliburton and Eastern Ontario, where you see very few fisherman over the course of the day, sometimes none. Even launching in Fenelon, to fish Cameron Lake, you are never that close to another person to be worried about it being transmitted to you. If someone gets within 10 feet, you tell them to back off, it's that simple.

Making comments about people being selfish does not help facilitate an intellectual discussion about it either. At the end of the day, the government will make the rules and the police will enforce them. So far there has been no mandatory order to stay home, just a strong suggestion and those suggestions are aimed at the people who weren't being smart in the cities that were taking their kids to parks etc. I don't see how a person fishing on their own in the middle of a lake is anywhere near the same situation. When and I believe it will happen, the government orders us to stay home and the police stop me from towing my boat to my favourite lake, then I will, until then we should be able to fish... with caution and using common sense. It really is a to each his own debate.

I tend to fall more on Cliffs side of the debate as my previous posts would attest. But I do appreciate that you have thought this through using the lens of your personal experience and have come to a different decision than I did. 

There are degrees of safe conduct and you're not wrong to say people at the park in Toronto are a whole different thing than you alone on a lake in Hali.  However there are still good reasons why the police don't want you to travel. They've been posted before So I won't repeat them again.

A lot of people are saying they will stop when the law forces them to. That actually does make the job of the government harder.  It's not easy for a federal government to declare martial law, it changes the dynamic of the federal provincial relationship. It actually takes a lot of power away from Premiers who are local and probably have the best idea of what's needed in their province. It forces the federal government to manage over the premiers on many different battle fronts. And the Premiers have been asking Trudeau not to do it for this reason.  But as far as I know the Premiers cannot legally force us to stay inside, that has to be federal. That is why they are literally begging people to comply rather than be forced. Being forced complicates the fight.

I am also begging everyone on this board to reconsider. I won't browbeat you all about it (anymore!) but please think about why the PM, Premiers and Mayors are begging you everyday to stay inside.

Good luck and stay safe everyone.

Edited by Dutch01
  • Like 6

Good reply Dutch01, you make a strong case, but I wonder where we would be with all this if the Feds had gotten off their asses earlier than they did. They left the barn door open far too long in my opinion and that is why we're talking about these things, things we shouldn't need to discuss at all. But I guess I am digressing a little. Anyway, we'll see what happens in the very near future.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, big guy said:

She has since recovered and has had 2 negative tests and is returning to work tomorrow. 

Your wife is a very brave lady big guy and really good to hear she's recovered now.

• Like 7

Launched boat this morning went for tour around lake stopped at a few spots  loaded boat back on trailer. People seen zero stores stopped at zero since boat has about 140 lts of fuel in it and have 20 litres of Merc oil I can pretty much fish till walleye opener on my lake

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ecmilley said:

Launched boat this morning went for tour around lake stopped at a few spots  loaded boat back on trailer. People seen zero stores stopped at zero since boat has about 140 lts of fuel in it and have 20 litres of Merc oil I can pretty much fish till walleye opener on my lake

Sturgeon?

In my opinion it comes down to this. Closing boat ramps is one less burden on the manpower needed to police the waterways. Also if you need to be rescued while on the water for whatever reason it is much harder to get to you than someone walking a dog on the sidewalk. Let's give up our leisure activities for a while, wait this out and save some lives.

• Like 6