Boat Launches Open for Fishing - Petition

RPW

43 minutes ago, Crimsongulf said:

In Napanee, the Nephew already has the water in and the docks.  Next week he should have the lifts in and we can launch the boats from the cottage.  Should be pretty easy to maintain distance on the water.

Napanee closed there launches today. Please be advised that due to the COVID-19 emergency, all municipally-owned boat launches within Greater Napanee will be closed as of Wednesday, April 1, 2020 for public use until further notice.

1 minute ago, Terry said:

Well these guys that think everyone is going to spread the virus while fishing has to be doing something to get it 

Safe sex, safe fishing go hand in hand, wait, that didn't sound right.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Terry said:

Well these guys that think everyone is going to spread the virus while fishing has to be doing something to get it 

How did you make out your last time out??

Edited by RPW

18 minutes ago, gaspumper said:

Napanee closed there launches today. Please be advised that due to the COVID-19 emergency, all municipally-owned boat launches within Greater Napanee will be closed as of Wednesday, April 1, 2020 for public use until further notice.

I saw that, we can launch from our property.

3 hours ago, Terry said:

I don’t get some people 

what do you do while fishing, hug everyone within 40 ft of you 

I have been fishing 4 time lately and I have not stopped for gas coffee food or sex  And I have not been closer then 30 ft of anyone except driving down the road passing other cars, there was a guy at the ramp I waited on my truck till he left. As I ran down the river I saw a guy get out of his truck, he was waiting for me to leave .it is a very safe activity. If walking your dog or going to the liquor store becomes illegal then boating should be too  but when you can do things that people are standing 6 feet apart  I will fish 

Good for you. Unfortunately, these rules are not being put in place for the people that have common sense, it’s for those that don’t. There’s plenty of pics online of people gathering in public parks to justify them shutting down public areas. I get it, everyone on here is an angel and will do it right. Most won’t however hence the new rules. 

• Like 3

Sure in 12 months from now we will look back at this 2 ways.

1. What in the world were they thinking. Opening boat launches. Such idiots. How many people needed to die.

2. I can't believe the closed the boat launches such an overkill.  Government calling the sky is failing.  Media over blowing it again for ratings

If I knew the correct way this is going to turn out, I should have picked better lotto tickets.  Personally, I keep re-evaluating the situation every 2 weeks.

By May first ask me again for the support

2 hours ago, LeXXington said:

Sure in 12 months from now we will look back at this 2 ways.

1. What in the world were they thinking. Opening boat launches. Such idiots. How many people needed to die.

2. I can't believe the closed the boat launches such an overkill.  Government calling the sky is failing.  Media over blowing it again for ratings

If I knew the correct way this is going to turn out, I should have picked better lotto tickets.  Personally, I keep re-evaluating the situation every 2 weeks.

By May first ask me again for the support

If it's # 2 we did it right. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, grimsbylander said:

Good for you. Unfortunately, these rules are not being put in place for the people that have common sense, it’s for those that don’t. There’s plenty of pics online of people gathering in public parks to justify them shutting down public areas. I get it, everyone on here is an angel and will do it right. Most won’t however hence the new rules. 

I have seen the pictures of people gathering in public parks. If the OPP would have handed out a few of those $750 or $1,000 fines we keep hearing about we wouldn’t be having this conversation. Why prevent us angels from fishing at a distance from others?

image.png.ab0560076c24a4e2a02df81fcd3bbb4c.png

Edited by RPW

Good for you, I  doubt your petition will ever amount to much but wrong or right you are fighting for what you want.

I have nothing against fishing, in fact I love to go fishing! My issue is you might follow the rules of social distancing at the ramp but you can bet there will be others that won't. 

It sounds like you are going to do whatever you want regardless of the consequence. I truly hope and pray that neither you or any of your family or friends pay the ultimate price for your actions.

Me, well I am going to continue to be socially responsible and do my best to insure that I am not part of the problem.

• Like 6

I think the government had to close boat ramps, both public and privately owned, not to stop those going fishing but to stop those who party at spots on the lake. Lake St. Clair has an area known as Grassy. Huge amounts of boaters gather there to party. The water is only 4 feet deep there so everyone is swimming and having a good time. Just like if they were all in a public pool. I dislike this government decision but I understand the why behind it.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Bill said:

I think the government had to close boat ramps, both public and privately owned, not to stop those going fishing but to stop those who party at spots on the lake. Lake St. Clair has an area known as Grassy. Huge amounts of boaters gather there to party. The water is only 4 feet deep there so everyone is swimming and having a good time. Just like if they were all in a public pool. I dislike this government decision but I understand the why behind it.

Hi Bill,

I completely agree with what you're saying. I do believe this is the reason the government closed the boat ramps, but I feel that they should remain open to those who choose to use the ramp for fishing purposes, and not partying at the Grassies. Rather than shut the ramps down to everyone, they can allow access to those going to fish, and fine the ones who aren't being socially responsible. They keep mentioning these $750 and $1,000 fines for not following the new emergency orders, why not hand a few out to the people who are ruining it for everyone?

2 minutes ago, RPW said:

Hi Bill,

I completely agree with what you're saying. I do believe this is the reason the government closed the boat ramps, but I feel that they should remain open to those who choose to use the ramp for fishing purposes, and not partying at the Grassies. Rather than shut the ramps down to everyone, they can allow access to those going to fish, and fine the ones who aren't being socially responsible. They keep mentioning these $750 and $1,000 fines for not following the new emergency orders, why not hand a few out to the people who are ruining it for everyone?

The fines will be issued but it isn't going to happen immediately. Party weather isn't here yet.

the bass boat central forums are full of stories from where the air is warmer and the boats are out in droves. Guys saying last weekend on lake of the ozarks was like the 4th of July...Thats why the ramps are closed.

Party boats, people tying boats together, people congregating and swimming in the same areas.

Once again, if you actually want to go fishing that bad...you easily can, you just might not be able to fish out of the launch at heritage park in barrie or crystal beach on simcoe is all.

Edited by AKRISONER
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Terry said:

I don’t get some people 

what do you do while fishing, hug everyone within 40 ft of you 

I have been fishing 4 time lately and I have not stopped for gas coffee food or sex  And I have not been closer then 30 ft of anyone except driving down the road passing other cars, there was a guy at the ramp I waited on my truck till he left. As I ran down the river I saw a guy get out of his truck, he was waiting for me to leave .it is a very safe activity. If walking your dog or going to the liquor store becomes illegal then boating should be too  but when you can do things that people are standing 6 feet apart  I will fish 

Your right on the mark Terry!  It’s a much bigger gamble just going to the grocery story and I’m pretty sure some of these guys are doing that 3 times a week right now.

25 minutes ago, AKRISONER said:

...Party boats, people tying boats together, people congregating and swimming in the same areas...

you can be sure that people will be holding Columbus Day Regattas much earlier this year. will be same thing as spring break beach crowds. it's the demographic that laughs in the face of the risks

• Like 2

Here is my personal situation.  I have a water access cottage but also own a drive-to lot that has a wet slip boathouse.  Inside the boathouse I have a boat hoisted up and sitting on beams overtop the water for winter storage.  It would be no problem to put my boat in the water without the aid of a public or private boat ramp.  So technically I could launch my boat without breaking the order.

However, my opinion is they should be making all waterways closed off, not just the access to them but keep all boats off the waterways.  Yes there will be some extenuating circumstances but stop all pleasure craft use.  Currently our first responders are so taxed in these unsettling times.  I don't think it's the best use of our first responders if they now have to keep an eye on the waterways and potentially rescue or enforce the social distancing orders on the water.  The closure is until April 13.  Yeah, it can and likely will be extended but, if we look at the big picture, we all need to sacrifice and our first responders need all the help they can get right now to focus on the true issue at hand.

• Like 5