COVID-19, physical distancing, fishing

What will the stance be on solo fishing once the ice is gone?

Up until now I’ve been assuming that fishing alone, far away from any other person, would be an acceptable way to pass the time in the current situation.

Obviously,  opening day crowds and boat launches where people congregate would would be unacceptable due to risk of community spread, but there are many ways to fish without any risk of spreading the coronavirus.

4 hours ago, Fisherman said:

Unless people are planning on launching by helicopter, you better wear your Jesus water walkers.   A lot of the parks/boat launches are closed.

Oh how many wish they owned a toon now ?  No boat launch required, and no one close to talk to .

Public lake access , waterfront is considered parks , parks are closed. 
you need to find someone with waterfront property to let you launch your toon boat or hovercraft to follow the rules.   I don’t always follow them to the letter of the law 

6 minutes ago, Terry said:

Public lake access , waterfront is considered parks , parks are closed. 
you need to find someone with waterfront property to let you launch your toon boat or hovercraft to follow the rules.   I don’t always follow them to the letter of the law 

Oh you know where to launch as well as I do, and it aint a park or a launch . LOL

Edited by misfish

19 minutes ago, Terry said:

Still ice there 

Yup, just planning ahead . And you and I know social distancing wont be a problem as I am there 3 hours before you . LMAO

Cheers pal and no, I have not been told today, as I am all alone .🤣

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Fisherman said:

Unless people are planning on launching by helicopter, you better wear your Jesus water walkers.   A lot of the parks/boat launches are closed.

A full week of sunshine and it may be dry enough for me to "launch" right from the yard to go fishing.... BUT I won't, because if I screw up I'll be a burden on the health care system !

Bereaved flowers, gray rebel, letters & scholarship 006.JPG

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, irishfield said:

A full week of sunshine and it may be dry enough for me to "launch" right from the yard to go fishing.... BUT I won't, because if I screw up I'll be a burden on the health care system !

Bereaved flowers, gray rebel, letters & scholarship 006.JPG

Damm, did you invent the anti gravity machine, lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I still have my garage open and I feel guilty at times; but believe me, it's not for the money. I just had to injected 20 grand into the place, to pay my bills and my two employees. We are not taking in any routine maintenance jobs; only breakdowns or things that will cause a breakdown. We also do work for the OPP, RCMP, CFIA and a few other first responder agencies. So that's how I've been justifying being open. The biggest thing I do regret by being open to the public, is I cannot go see my 2 year old granddaughter; my sons girl. Plus my daughter just last night, gave birth to a healthy baby girl; don't know when I'll be able to hold my new granddaughter?  The second piss off for me; the walleye charter I had booked for mid April; out of St Clair, to fish the Detroit River has been canceled!!!

Dan.

• Sad 1

30 minutes ago, DanD said:

I still have my garage open and I feel guilty at times; but believe me, it's not for the money. I just had to injected 20 grand into the place, to pay my bills and my two employees. We are not taking in any routine maintenance jobs; only breakdowns or things that will cause a breakdown. We also do work for the OPP, RCMP, CFIA and a few other first responder agencies. So that's how I've been justifying being open. The biggest thing I do regret by being open to the public, is I cannot go see my 2 year old granddaughter; my sons girl. Plus my daughter just last night, gave birth to a healthy baby girl; don't know when I'll be able to hold my new granddaughter?  The second piss off for me; the walleye charter I had booked for mid April; out of St Clair, to fish the Detroit River has been canceled!!!

Dan.

Separation from family at a time like this is the hardest part for many of us,  I know I miss my family very much but as long as we do what's needed now this should only be temporary. Kudos to you and any of your staff for helping to maintain the vehicles of the first responders, without them we would be in a lot more trouble than we already are. :clapping: