Public Boat Ramps *CLOSED*

GBW

Yup, it's a sad, SAD day that more and more boat ramps are getting closed in the past 24 hours.  Most are run by the Cities so it's a 'park' and it's now closed off too.  This season is really going to suck.  

• Like 1

I saw Ford on the news last night and he was understandably mad.

He said they keep doing things to keep people safe and so many just ignore everything. They even taped off the playgrounds to  keep the kids away from each other and some morons go behind and rip the tape down and cut off the padlocks....and I doubt if the kids have bolt cutters.

He's said before that he'll keep doing whatever it takes and this was just inevitable.

• Like 2

From the province yesterday - "Green spaces in parks, trails, ravines and conservation areas that aren't otherwise closed would remain open for walkthrough access, but individuals must maintain the safe physical distance of at least two metres apart from others." The emphasis is mine but I'm trying to find out if this means fishing is also closed in municipal parks since anglers are not walking through.

Ontario extends emergency

Jon

34 minutes ago, Terry said:

I heard all river access that isn’t private property is considered parkland is closed in almost every county 

Tell that to all the guys at the whirl pool. LOL

I have private property entrances. :Gonefishing:

14 hours ago, Pigeontroller said:

I don't understand keeping people from boating! Its ok for me to be at a busy construction site but I can't put my boat in the water and go fishing alone? Or with one other person? what the hell

if you go fishing with anyone it better be someone you live with. 

I also agree, if we want to go fishing alone or with a family I should be able to, but do not start hanging out with friends on your boat. Thats teh exact kind of behaviour that is going to ensure that we all dont get to get back to normal any time soon.

I have a buddy that had "1 friend over" last week...his mom works in a nursing home and his buddy is a moron who doesnt think this whole thing is real. When you hear it like that you realize how friggin insane the "oh its just 1 person" logic is. That 1 poker game could end up killing 9 people like it did in Bobcaygeon.

• Like 2

Not just public boat ramps in Ontario but all boat ramps, public or private are closed.  It's a sacrifice we all have to make.  And believe me, no one wants to get to the cottage more than I do right now.  But my plan is to stay off the waterway so that first reponders don't have to perform a rescue or enforce social distancing guidelines.  They have enough to deal with and I am thankful for their efforts.  Along with anyone else whose is deemed essential.

As for the Sea Tow poster, that is from the US where things are a bit different right now.  

• Like 1

Ok it does not say launches 

and there are lots of people who live on islands in Ontario so closing a ramp for them would be like closing roads    There for I will believe they don’t mean ramps. However. Local government has been closing many of them 

• Like 1