Custom Boat Cover?

RangerGuy

Hi All,

I have not been on this forum for quite sometime! Been pretty busy working 2 jobs , training a new pup and house projects etc.

This is always the place to go for quality input!

We have a new boat as of last year a 2019 Alumacraft 205 Tiller with a Yamaha VMAX 115hp. 

I'm not happy with the cover that came with the boat. I would like one that fits over the TM and is snug enough that it doesn't flap on the highway and rain won't pool on it. I'm also looking

to be able use when docking over night. 

Hoping someone can suggest a good place with in a hour of the GTA but I would be willing to travel a couple hours for the right company.

20190520_071558.jpg

3 hours ago, Fish Farmer said:

Tell him Dave Fish Farmer sent you, his name is Reg wife Sandra.

DvEyJR1.jpg

I just picked up the custom cover Reg and his wife made for me last week. A great deal for high quality Sunbrella and totally custom fit including over the elec. bow troller. They even covered my kicker which I didn't ask them to. And they used the boat as a template not the old cover. If you want to get your boat done by him don't wait too long. He is booked solid and I got in only because he had a cancellation. I was quoted $1500.00 by a company in London, I paid 1/2 of that. 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Old Ironmaker said:

I just picked up the custom cover Reg and his wife made for me last week. A great deal for high quality Sunbrella and totally custom fit including over the elec. bow troller. They even covered my kicker which I didn't ask them to. And they used the boat as a template not the old cover. If you want to get your boat done by him don't wait too long. He is booked solid and I got in only because he had a cancellation. I was quoted $1500.00 by a company in London, I paid 1/2 of that. 

They are 2 hours from me. Wondering if you had to leave your boat there or did they measure while you waited?

RangerGuy: a comment and then an off topic question.

Comment: that is a really nice boat!

Question: About the rod holders that are visible in your photo. They do not appear to "clamp" all the way across the gunnel. Are they permanently attached rod holders or are they portable? If they are portable, how are they secured since they do not cross the entire gunnel to clamp. The reason I am asking is that although I live in Texas I go to Nestor Falls in NW Ontario to fish Lake of the Woods every year, and the rental boat I use has about the same size gunnels and I cannot find portable rod holders that are wide enough to clamp over the gunnel and I am hoping the ones on your boat are portable. In either case, can you share what brand and model the rod holders are?

Give this company a call.  You would need to take your boat so proper measurements are taken.  Worth a phone call.

Western Tarpaulin & Co.
51 Belfield Road
Toronto, Ontario  M9W 1G6
Canada

Toll-Free:      1-800-265-9507   Sales Ext. 222
Phone:          416-614-9167
Fax:              416-614-9170

Email:  [email protected]

4 hours ago, Alan from Texas said:

RangerGuy: a comment and then an off topic question.

Comment: that is a really nice boat!

Question: About the rod holders that are visible in your photo. They do not appear to "clamp" all the way across the gunnel. Are they permanently attached rod holders or are they portable? If they are portable, how are they secured since they do not cross the entire gunnel to clamp. The reason I am asking is that although I live in Texas I go to Nestor Falls in NW Ontario to fish Lake of the Woods every year, and the rental boat I use has about the same size gunnels and I cannot find portable rod holders that are wide enough to clamp over the gunnel and I am hoping the ones on your boat are portable. In either case, can you share what brand and model the rod holders are?

Those holders are mounted on Alumacraft Track brackets. I have since changed those out for 2 72" Black TraxTech Tracks and 4 matching ratcheting rod tubes :)