Seen any good movies lately

On 5/12/2020 at 9:24 AM, SirCranksalot said:

You must have have really splurged!! Our popcorn was a mere $30!!

2 small buckets at 25 bucks each. I take the MT buckets home to use as disposable recycling boxes. No need to get them off the curb the next day. Hey, I might be onto something. 

3 minutes ago, misfish said:

Just finished watching

The Last Full Measure

So

was it any good  or just another Vietnam movie With loud music and loud choppers 

I haven’t decided if I should watch it or not

6 minutes ago, Terry said:

So

was it any good  or just another Vietnam movie With loud music and loud choppers 

I haven’t decided if I should watch it or not

No loud music. Real story and the ending was great IMO. Lots of good actors.

BTW

You cant launch, so watch. LOL

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am not sure if it,s my sense of humor that has changed, or it,s sitting here just trying to laugh. LOL

Watched Bad Asses 3 . Had to go and start from the first. LOL

I best remember John Amos from ,  Good Times.  He was a well built M F even back then in the 70,s.

Danny Trejo was always my favorite Mexican bad ass guy in films.

Danny Glover well, he was ok. LOL

On 5/1/2020 at 1:36 PM, misfish said:

Blood and Bone

Michael Jai White is always ripped .

I downloaded and just watched it. Actually wasn't too bad, like you said he is quite the physical specimen and a very accomplished martial artist.

On 5/8/2020 at 6:52 PM, misfish said:

So back to the movie

I did not look up google to see the actors

Amazing how many  where in it

Main cop as I remember , was a detective later that used doll houses to solve crimes.

His partner if I am not mistaken was the DR. that lived in a motor home on the hospital lot .

The money guy played in, Hamburger hill and   Spider man as the Gool on the flying surf board.

The rat guy, played as the sector 7 head guy in Transformers

I know they all played in many others, but these are the ones that came to me.

Good movie

Ah the 80,s

Ah the good old 80's. I would rather forget the 80's. For me it was terrible music, terrible fashions, terrible TV, terrible cars and most of all a terrible 10 years of marriage. 17% and even higher mortgage rates don't even make the list. It was a terrible 10 years for me, sorry. 

• Like 1

On 5/10/2020 at 11:10 PM, smitty55 said:

I have both of them but haven't watched yet. Good to hear.

I think the only movie I haven't seen is the Gentlemen something. Being locked in for the entire year I have seen every movie except kids animated flics I would guess. Many good ones, a few great ones and some cr&p movies that were a waste of my precious time. 

From all the movies and TV mini series I have seen the one that made me evoke the most emotions "The Greenbook" is the winner to me. I always say art that evokes an emotion, any emotion, has done it's job. I laughed watching Greenbook and I cried as well. Right now there is a series on Crave called "Laurel Canyon." I  didn't realize it is a series until I went to re watch it with my wife and it was a completely different flic. Basically it's the history of California's Rock and Roll scene from the late 50's through the 70's. 

Another fantastic documentary is Robbie Robertson's film about the history of the Band, produced by Robbie Robertson and Martin Scorsese. Once Were Brothers. Absolutely fantastic. Not just for fans of the Band or Rock and Roll, a great story behind it. 

Another recent documentary that will make you go into a Air Guitar solo is " Rumble: The Indians that Rocked the World. 

https://www.rumblethemovie.com/home More must see T.V. We watched it on either HBO or Crave. I am trying to remember the mini series on either Crave or HBO this past winter. It's based on a Steven King story. I don't remember enough of the name to Google it, I will find out when Tich comes home. 

Edited by Old Ironmaker

Anyone know good movies about the 50-60,s with music from that era ?

La Bamba is a great one, but looking for others of the same.

Have watched Great Balls Of Fire  7/10 . Cadillac records, like a zillion times .10/10

Hard to find Elvis movies in HD.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...