Seen any good movies lately

Uncut Gems on Netflix was very very good. Its a rollercoaster and makes you feel really uncomfortable. Thats what makes it awesome.

The girlfriend and I have dove into The Wire...we didnt like it for the first 5 episodes and then all of a sudden we realized what the heck was going on...and weve been hooked ever since.

The Lives and Deaths of Sonny Liston. When I 1st watched it I posted the suggestion for all to see it. It isn't a documentary just about boxing. I highly recommend it. 

I have watched about every genre of motion pictures including a few silent movies. Thank goodness for TCM, Turner Classic Movies. Everything from the silent movie era to about the mid 70's. I like it as a host talks about the upcoming movie and often has a sit down with some of the actors in the previous movie. Some actors are in their 90's now and still have tid bits about filming the picture. My wife said if the internet and all the TV feeds go down there will be civil unrest on our streets such as we have never seen before. 

My 9 year old grandson and I watched The Love Bug on Friday night. We both enjoyed watching it. He had never watched it before. If you have young children or grandchildren I think they would enjoy watching this movie.

Watched 7 Angry Men that was suggested here and yes it is a good movie!

Just watched "Machine Gun Preacher" Staring Gerard Butler. Thought it was going to be some sort of shoot em up type movies; but it wasn't. Yes their are some gory scenes; but the movie is based on the real life of Sam Childers and his work in Africa.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sam_Childers

Edited by DanD

10 hours ago, Old Ironmaker said:

I have watched about every genre of motion pictures including a few silent movies. Thank goodness for TCM, Turner Classic Movies. 

I Googled that but I seem to need to buy some sort of streaming service to see the movies. A list of about 10-12 was Provided---no idea of quality of service or cost.

8 hours ago, SirCranksalot said:

I Googled that but I seem to need to buy some sort of streaming service to see the movies. A list of about 10-12 was Provided---no idea of quality of service or cost.

It comes on our Bell Satelite TV package. One of the best things about it is that there are zero commercials during the movies. 

As I type TCM  just finished showing the original version of the James Cane novel "The Postman Only Rings Twice." Staring Lana Turner, John Garfield and Cecil Kellaway 1946. The more modern version of the movie had Jessica Lange in the Lana Turner role and Jack Nicolson in the John Garfield role (1981). I know this trivia because the host told viewers that when the movie ended. A very steamy movie for it's time. 

Now the host is describing the next movie. I remember all these actors going back to silent movies as Mom was a veracious reader and movie buff. We had channel 11 CHCH from Hamilton back before colour TV hit our home and they showed the old classic movies almost every night. We would watch them together and she taught me about who the actors were in detail. 

Edited by Old Ironmaker

On 4/25/2020 at 4:44 PM, Old Ironmaker said:

It comes on our Bell Satelite TV package. One of the best things about it is that there are zero commercials during the movies. 

As I type TCM  just finished showing the original version of the James Cane novel "The Postman Only Rings Twice." Staring Lana Turner, John Garfield and Cecil Kellaway 1946. The more modern version of the movie had Jessica Lange in the Lana Turner role and Jack Nicolson in the John Garfield role (1981). I know this trivia because the host told viewers that when the movie ended. A very steamy movie for it's time. 

Now the host is describing the next movie. I remember all these actors going back to silent movies as Mom was a veracious reader and movie buff. We had channel 11 CHCH from Hamilton back before colour TV hit our home and they showed the old classic movies almost every night. We would watch them together and she taught me about who the actors were in detail. 

Is that the movie where the widow gets a $10,000 life insurance cheque?

On 3/29/2020 at 11:05 AM, SirCranksalot said:

If you have never seen 12 Angry Men ---the Original version!!----I would strongly recommend it. All star cast!

I’ll 2nd that!

also, recently watched for the upmteenth time:

“The Hustler” 1961 Paul Newman and Jackie Gleason 

“ZULU” 1964 Michael Caine

Edited by RayK

46 minutes ago, manitoubass2 said:

The Chicago bulls documentary has been AWESOME!! Only 6 episodes up now on Netflix but I'm loving it

Tried watching it, thought I would get into it .  Would sooner watch a rerun of the Celtics vs Lakers play off series game of old.

9 minutes ago, npt1 said:

BEST car chase scene ever,  better than the one in Bullet.

"To Live and Die in L.A."

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

• Haha 1