Seen any good movies lately

17 hours ago, Fisherman said:

Not much of a movie buff, but the Smithsonian on 233 Rogers is on for free for a while, lot of stuff I find interesting.

The BBC channel is also free right now on fibe. All day documentaries with David Attenborough. He could talk about grass growing and I would listen. 

Watched the new Star Wars IX on the box last night. Good watch, would give it a 4/5. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SirCranksalot said:

Some people make themselves bigger targets----jes sayin'

Ouch!!! 

We really enjoy the Smithsonian channel as well as National Geographic, The History channel, Discovery, and Discovery Velocity for automobile related shows, The Animal Channel and A&E. TLC, The Learning Channel is just a modern version of the old Circus freak shows. It's sad to see them take advantage of those that are different than many, but they aren't complaining I guess as they are taking the money. I do watch Dr. Pimple Popper and my 600 pound life when my wife is asleep. Don't ask me why. 

Edited by Old Ironmaker

22 hours ago, Bill said:

RV starring Robin Williams

A Million Ways To Die In The West starring Charlize Theron

I watched them on Netflix

Did you enjoy them? I think that's the point of this thread. 

We just finished watching the WW1 movie 1917 that was nominated for a few Academy Awards. I can't say it was the best I've seen lately but was riveting for sure, 3 out of 5 stars. The things that the young men, women went through, actually people of all ages, puts into perspective the miniscule things we are asked to go through today. No comparison whatsoever.

I am one to nit pic movies and it drives my wife nuts especially when I point it out when she is trying to enjoy it.  Little things like a 1957 Chevy in a flic or TV program that is supposed to take place in 1954. They were filming a TV or movie production on Barton St. in Hamilton last summer. There was a store front supposed to be in the 60's and the sign above the store said Call 905-545-????. Back in the 60's in Hamilton it was Li for Liberty, 54, Fu for Fulton, 38 and Ja, for Jackson 52 before the last 5 digits. There wasn't a 905 exchange then, it was 416. I saw a movie a while back that was supposed to be Canada in the 50's. In front of Parliament flew our red maple leaf years before it was designed. A guy was having a drink in one scene and his glass is 1/2 empty, he says a few lines and without putting it down his glass is full again. She says they should hire me on set or as an editor to point out all their goof ups and she will watch a movie when I am there. 

49 minutes ago, Old Ironmaker said:

Did you enjoy them? I think that's the point of this thread. 

We just finished watching the WW1 movie 1917 that was nominated for a few Academy Awards. I can't say it was the best I've seen lately but was riveting for sure, 3 out of 5 stars. The things that the young men, women went through, actually people of all ages, puts into perspective the miniscule things we are asked to go through today. No comparison whatsoever.

I am one to nit pic movies and it drives my wife nuts especially when I point it out when she is trying to enjoy it.  Little things like a 1957 Chevy in a flic or TV program that is supposed to take place in 1954. They were filming a TV or movie production on Barton St. in Hamilton last summer. There was a store front supposed to be in the 60's and the sign above the store said Call 905-545-????. Back in the 60's in Hamilton it was Li for Liberty, 54, Fu for Fulton, 38 and Ja, for Jackson 52 before the last 5 digits. There wasn't a 905 exchange then, it was 416. I saw a movie a while back that was supposed to be Canada in the 50's. In front of Parliament flew our red maple leaf years before it was designed. A guy was having a drink in one scene and his glass is 1/2 empty, he says a few lines and without putting it down his glass is full again. She says they should hire me on set or as an editor to point out all their goof ups and she will watch a movie when I am there. 

Both movies are good. At least to me they are.

i found it simple and predictable 

Example, when the plane crashed ,I said so will the pilot have info or shoot one of them and a pail of milk sitting there. Hmmm I will wait and see who needs that    Yup there it is 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Terry said:

Example, when the plane crashed ,I said so will the pilot have info or shoot one of them and a pail of milk sitting there. Hmmm I will wait and see who needs that    Yup there it is 

Ya, I watched it too, 2.5, maybe 3 out of 5. I'm glad I didn't pay to go see it.

4 hours ago, Terry said:

Yep predictable. How does a guy get swept down river for miles, fall 100' from a water fall into a plunge pool and the letter that was in his pocket is still readable? 

Bombshell came not even close to the HBO series concerning Roger Ailes and his female victims. 

The HBO series Westworld is one of our favorite HBO series. Ray Donavan as well but it has now been cancelled, too bad. 

• 3 weeks later...

In order to see all the movies out I need to join 10 different sites. The last I saw was The Joker. Too many to list I want to see. I have been trying to see "Then Irishman" for over 6 months. I've read the book twice over the winter. It's not that the book is that good, it's that I can't go to the public library to check out another book and I'm down to reading Ticha's year old decorating magazines. All my fish hooks are sharpened down to the shank. We have plenty of food, water and can pay the bills. I consider ourselves blessed compared to many. I called to volunteer to deliver meals to the elderly or work the food bank last week, come to find out I am the elderly and don't qualify due to my health.

If you are under 60, healthy, home, bored and able please volunteer. We all need you.