Seen any good movies lately

With this public lockdown we have rented more than a few movies as of late. Yes the in and out store in the village still rents movies. I just wasted 4 bucks and 90 minutes of my life watching " Trauma Center" Bruce Willis and Steve Guttenburg. Bruce Willis was on screen for 10 minutes tops and Steve Guttenburg who I haven't seen in a movie for well over 25 years played a Doctor in 2 scenes. It doesn't even get a partial star out of 5. It is so bad it's good. Almost Nicolas Cage bad. Willis must be behind in his taxes. There were times he couldn't keep a strait face saying his lines. 

Yesterday. A British flic where not a single person was shot, stabbed, dismembered, blown up, burned to death, kidnapped or becomes a Zombie. If you like the Beatles I guarantee you or anyone that lived in the 60's will love it. 6 stars out of 5. Mom would have loved it, she was a huge Beatles fan. I remember it like yesterday when she called me into the kitchen to listen to the new "Yea yea" band on the AM radio. 

Knives Out is pretty good. An old time who done it. "The maid did it in the library with a candle stick" type movie. 

Ford vs. Ferrari was pretty good to. 3 1/2 out of 5. If you are interested in auto racing you will like it.

I don't plan to see Frozen 2 or Parasite that took home all the Oscars. I don't think I can read subtitles for 2 hours. 

10 minutes ago, Old Ironmaker said:

Almost Nicolas Cage bad.

Lmao

Just finished watching 1917. Was a decent movie out of 5 I would give it a 3. Ok movie overall, cinematics and story were good. Just a few parts didn't sit well. Also watched the Coldest Game last night on Netflix. That was pretty good too. An alcoholic mathematician trying to stop the cold war lol. Not bad overall I'd give it a 3. Ford v Ferrari is on the list to watch. 

37 minutes ago, misfish said:

Watched it like 10 times. One of his best IMO  Kinda acts like that guy from On Golden Pond,,,,,,,,,,,

Another great ole movie.

Ya, I am getting that way too, can't remember if I have seen it before or not 😂

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Terry said:

Oh sure I know that one. Real food

movie  You spelled it muel  so I thought it was something else

thanks for letting me know 

Sorry, my bad LOL and Brian didn't catch it either. Oh and real "food" or good? LOL

6 hours ago, Terry said:

I usually know most movies . Don’t know that one 

Clint Eastwood plays the lead and directed it. A WW2 vet that becomes a drug mule for the Mexican cartel. Very good. Great cast too. Bradly Cooper plays the FBI agent. 

The Green Book is a 6  out of 5 for me. I can't count how many times we have watched it. Based on the actual Green Book that was used by African Americans along routes in the 60's. A true story of a NY Italian man that is racist but he doesn't know it driving a black concert pianist through the racist southern states to get to his performances.  The actual Green Book  listed those places that would serve and house Blacks. Sad as well as inspiring. To me anything that evokes a strong emotion in people is Art. 

Edited by Old Ironmaker
  • Like 3

Big Cliff these youngsters are picking on us old guys. If someone spotted me the A and the T I couldn't spell CAT. It's not that we are forgetful I say we have so much in our old brains after all these years we need to delete some things like spelling and remembering names before we can get more info into our ancient noggins. Just like a compuder. Once the RAM is full we need to delete some stuff. 

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Old Ironmaker said:

Clint Eastwood plays the lead and directed it. A WW2 vet that becomes a drug mule for the Mexican cartel. Very good. Great cast too. Bradly Cooper plays the FBI agent. 

The Green Book is a 6  out of 5 for me. I can't count how many times we have watched it. Based on the actual Green Book that was used by African Americans along routes in the 60's. A true story of a NY Italian man that is racist but he doesn't know it driving a black concert pianist through the racist southern states to get to his performances.  The actual Green Book  listed those places that would serve and house Blacks. Sad as well as inspiring. To me anything that evokes a strong emotion in people is Art. I paint with acrylics, if someone hates it that's good to me as it evokes an emotion. 

Ooops, oldtimers moment. 

Edited by Old Ironmaker

2 hours ago, Old Ironmaker said:

Big Cliff these youngsters are picking on us old guys. If someone spotted me the A and the T I couldn't spell CAT. It's not that we are forgetful I say we have so much in our old brains after all these years we need to delete some things like spelling and remembering names before we can get more info into our ancient noggins. Just like a compuder. Once the RAM is full we need to delete some stuff. 

You know I’m the same age  as you 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, SirCranksalot said:

No prob--these days we have spail chuk

And grhammer check to. I just don't how to turn it on. 

7 hours ago, Terry said:

You know I’m the same age  as you 

You must be a young 65 because I don't read where anyone is picking on you too Terry.