Lake Erie news

OhioFisherman

On 3/27/2020 at 10:32 AM, OhioFisherman said:

It is! I went out over a dozen times last season and limited out every trip, usually in 2 hours.  PM me if you want details.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Fish Farmer said:

If I went home after 2-3 hours of fishing I wouldn't bother going.

Fishing is a all day thing.

I think I'd have to do  the catch and release thing.👍😁

I must be feeling my age then..lol.  Started the season in Leamington (5 hr drive round trip), plus launch/load and cleaning 12 fish...  With 2 to 3 hours of pulling in wally's on 8/10 colour leadcore I was done..

Lets face it, this is not fun fishing, pulling in these things is like dragging an old boot.  But they are damn tasty and worth every bit of effort 😄

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Fish Farmer said:

If I went home after 2-3 hours of fishing I wouldn't bother going.

Fishing is a all day thing.

I think I'd have to do  the catch and release thing.👍😁

1 hour ago, KraTToR said:

I must be feeling my age then..lol.  Started the season in Leamington (5 hr drive round trip), plus launch/load and cleaning 12 fish...  With 2 to 3 hours of pulling in wally's on 8/10 colour leadcore I was done..

Lets face it, this is not fun fishing, pulling in these things is like dragging an old boot.  But they are damn tasty and worth every bit of effort 😄

Things must have changed over the years with the cleaner water? We just dragged a wiggle wart, hot n tot, or bandit 200 on 8 - 10 # mono.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OhioFisherman said:

Things must have changed over the years with the cleaner water? We just dragged a wiggle wart, hot n tot, or bandit 200 on 8 - 10 # mono.

There's so many Walleye out there now you don't have to troll Just drift or jig for them with a spinning rod, so much more fun and you get your limit. May take you a little longer. Had a buddy out last year that hates trolling, I had to laugh he was using his 13' noodle rod spinning reel drifting, his rod was bent right over almost double, Walleye on, fought it to the boat, was only 2 Lbs.😂 He had a blast.

4 hours ago, Fish Farmer said:

There's so many Walleye out there now you don't have to troll Just drift or jig for them with a spinning rod, so much more fun and you get your limit. May take you a little longer. Had a buddy out last year that hates trolling, I had to laugh he was using his 13' noodle rod spinning reel drifting, his rod was bent right over almost double, Walleye on, fought it to the boat, was only 2 Lbs.😂 He had a blast.

Fish, you really didn't have to troll years ago either, drift and cast an erie dearie or silver nuggets tip with a worm. I caught them casting lipless crankbaits and blade baits and others.

Never a big fan of fishing on erie, it was almost always the closest water around with a high success rate.

• Like 1