How do you make coffee ?

only drink coffee when camping, but it's either a French press, Percolator (preferred method) or cowboy coffee (when canoe tripping). If the latter, will either stir before the pour, or if Im feeling saucy, grab the pot and swing in wide circles (like softball wind ups)...then pour if I haven't made a mess.  

mandatory is Forty Creek Irish Cream, no matter how the coffee is made.

1 hour ago, woodenboater said:

only drink coffee when camping, but it's either a French press, Percolator (preferred method) or cowboy coffee (when canoe tripping). If the latter, will either stir before the pour, or if Im feeling saucy, grab the pot and swing in wide circles (like softball wind ups)...then pour if I haven't made a mess.  

mandatory is Forty Creek Irish Cream, no matter how the coffee is made.

Give the Gretzky Cream Whiskey a try... we've been converted!

HH

Never been to tims! Used  C Style in the eighties and only small for the rip to Simcoe.

QUIRG once at 6am with Maxwell or Folgers I have the little red things I til myself. After 7 am no more coffee. 
do have a SAECO. With all the bells for espresso :) 

We had one of those machines that use the puck, not a Keurig I have forgotten the name. It made a good cappuccino. I was drinking far too much because it was easy. Had a good cappuccino machine that made only 2 cups at a time, I found myself in the kitchen making them for guests for what seemed like hours. I gave 2 of them away. Now I make homemade cappuccino by brewing espresso and heating milk in a sauce pan. When the milk is warm not hot I use an immersion blender to froth the milk. That milk will stay stiff forever. Better than Starbucks for about a nickel a cup. A splash of Caroline's and your good to go. 

My wife makes it with a French press for small amounts. For bigger amounts she uses a percolator. Uses Kicking Horse---a bit expensive but Shoppers often has it on sale. Grinds the beans in a little elec grinder. Hard to beat perc. Tried it at family camp a few years back. The adults kept showing up at our site in the AM. 

The coffee at Cofee Culture---a small chain,I think----is head and shoulders above Tims, Starbucks etc

OK I give, what's a French press? One of those things you push down to brew the coffee? I had to use one of those the 1st time I went to England at a B&B and had to ask the couple having breakfast next to me how to use it. They thought it was funny and asked if I was American. 

I think my laptop has Carola Virus. Sometimes the text is normal, then sometimes it's in bold then in italics like now.  

23 hours ago, John said:

It's all in the coffee Chris. I am very particular what pods I use. Most are rubbish and don't have enough coffee in them. Yes, french press is also good and use it often. Again the type of coffee, the grind and its freshness all contribute to great java. I like water just off the boil.

I don't by pre filled pods John, I grind my own beans fresh and fill reusable pods.
The same coffee is fare better in the Bodum than the Keurig.  ;)

1 hour ago, Spiel said:

I don't by pre filled pods John, I grind my own beans fresh and fill reusable pods.
The same coffee is fare better in the Bodum than the Keurig.  ;)

I agree 100%. If it was a choice between reusable pods and the same coffee in bodum there is no contest. The bodum wins every time. I only use Timothy's Extra Dark pods in my Keurig and put it on strong setting. 

• Like 1

Ok, that is a French press like I thought. We have a Tasimo machine. We got it rather than the Keurig because at the time Keurig didn't make cappuccino.  We bought it when they 1st came out. Then it was a buck a cup for a cappuccino rather than the pennies a cup for perc espresso. I was drinking far too much and spending far too much $$$ a day on the pucks. I have no idea how much a Tasimo cappuccino puck costs today. 

For anyone that has a real deal espresso/cappuccino machine designed by NASA like our Drifter has the lower the fat of the milk the better the froth, also the small ladle used to froth the milk should be kept in the fridge, It froths better. That how our bar guy Pasqauli makes it at our Italian social club in Hamilton. I've watched him make thousands over the past 30  years. When we had to replace the machine it was something like 8 grand including shipping from Italy.

Edited by Old Ironmaker