How do you make coffee ?

Well I could see that coming, McD and the rest will probably follow.   Still to much person to person interaction in those places.  Some are going to loose their noodles over that,  the army will shut down,  lol.  Break out the perk and thermos.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, misfish said:

Tims to shut down Canada wide .No more drive through . Need to dust off the coffee  maker and get some timmie grounds from Zhers .

In all seriousness, It is a good thing to shut down. 

Hoax , fake news

Wonder how many clicked on the "Ford says you do not have to pay your rent" ? That could be real bad . Even the landlords have said, once this virus is done with and you owe money, you will be evicted . That is going to be another scary story we will all be seeing.

13 years ago when I learned I was diabetic I switched from double/double  coffee to black coffee. And I always went to Timmies. The first thing I noticed when I started drinking my coffee black was just how horrible Timmies coffee tasted. I stopped being a customer then. For my tastes McD's is the best of the bunch now and Country Style would be my 2nd choice. But 99% of the time I make my own at home. When I was drinking Timmies I was easily going there on average twice a day. Many bagels muffins and Tim bits too. Saved a lot of money since I broke that habit. Maybe others will go through the same money saving learning curve because of this closure. I hope they do because it all adds up.

• Like 3

“Select restaurants may continue to offer take-out service in communities where there are specific needs, including locations near hospitals and healthcare facilities,” says a letter , President and CEO of Tim Hortons Restaurants of Canada.

This makes a heck of a lot of sense!!!

5 minutes ago, crappieperchhunter said:

13 years ago when I learned I was diabetic I switched from double/double  coffee to black coffee. And I always went to Timmies. The first thing I noticed when I started drinking my coffee black was just how horrible Timmies coffee tasted. I stopped being a customer then. For my tastes McD's is the best of the bunch now and Country Style would be my 2nd choice. But 99% of the time I make my own at home. When I was drinking Timmies I was easily going there on average twice a day. Many bagels muffins and Tim bits too. Saved a lot of money since I broke that habit. Maybe others will go through the same money saving learning curve because of this closure. I hope they do because it all adds up.

I've been drinking my coffee black for 40 years, Tim's is the worst for sure, I haven't drank there swill in some 30 years.

In fact I've not had a coffee from anywhere outside my home for a very long time.   :)

2 minutes ago, John said:

To answer your question, Keurig all the way. Takes less time than drive through and costs about 1/5th of the cost of a Timmies..

Hate my Keuring other than it's convenience, the coffee is just so so, I don't think the water gets hot enough.
I like my Bodum and when I had one, the old stove top percolator from my camping gear made the best coffee. :)

2 minutes ago, Spiel said:

In fact I've not had a coffee from anywhere outside my home for a very long time.   :)

Same here. My only exception is with a long time fishing buddy. 30+ years ago we started the one person drives then the other buys the coffee when we go fishing. Still doing it when we hook up.

• Like 2

And same here. French press all the way for reach flavor.
Weekends are exceptions when the coffee brews on schedule. It literally wakes us up with its smell.

5 hours ago, crappieperchhunter said:

For my tastes McD's is the best of the bunch now

100% what @crappiehunter says. This is my second exception, when I grab a coffee on a go.

• Like 1

I just read where Trudeau is holding a press conference in the morning announcing his resignation and split from Sophie. He and Ivanka Trump are going to shack up together. I read Canada eh! daily. 

Since the closest Hortons from us is a 25 minute drive I stop maybe twice a month, maybe. I couldn't go in for my shift without getting my Tim's fix when I had a job. I know folks that need 2 large a day, 7 days a week. 364 X $ 4.00,  $1456.00/year wowza!! The best advice I can give for drip coffee is not to overload whatever the machine or the coffee can says and to clean the machine once a month. We use our machine twice a day every day. A 30 buck machine on sale at Walmart or CTC is as good as a $100.00 stainless steel unit that will remote start your car. The 1st thing to go is the heating element the pot sits on. We go through 2 machines a year.  I often use my 6 cup espresso percolator for regular drip coffee. They sell drip and perc ground. I love to hear the sound and the smell that takes me back to my childhood. We buy whatever is on sale and at least 6 of them, usually Maxwell House and am happy with that brand. 

Not that you can run out and buy it today but I noticed a while back they had Maxwell House on sale for 8 bucks and Tim Hortons brand was on for $19.99, there's a sucker born everyday. Hortons sources their coffee from hundreds of different suppliers, the coffee they have in Hamilton may not be the same as in Stoney Creek. 

15 hours ago, Spiel said:

Hate my Keuring other than it's convenience, the coffee is just so so, I don't think the water gets hot enough.
I like my Bodum and when I had one, the old stove top percolator from my camping gear made the best coffee. :)

It's all in the coffee Chris. I am very particular what pods I use. Most are rubbish and don't have enough coffee in them. Yes, french press is also good and use it often. Again the type of coffee, the grind and its freshness all contribute to great java. I like water just off the boil.

• Like 1

Lights were on, no cars in the drive, it was a quick pay and grab . I am ok with Tims, and yes McD is pretty good, just off the beaten path to work .  I would do Star Bucks, great cappuccino and espresso , but a little expensive .

Last place I would want to go right now is where hundreds of people have been using the debit machine or dealing with someone that has been handling cash. Even if they are wearing gloves, the person before you hands them cash, virus transfers from cash to gloves, gloves to your cup, your cup to your hands........ 

Ya I guess I'm being paranoid 😊

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, misfish said:

Lights were on, no cars in the drive, it was a quick pay and grab . I am ok with Tims, and yes McD is pretty good, just off the beaten path to work .  I would do Star Bucks, great cappuccino and espresso , but a little expensive .

Don't think I have bought a drive through anything for along time. 50% of the time they got it wrong and I would have to go inside to get it corrected anyway. Unfortunately brain cells are not plentiful in many Timmies, McD's and even Starbuck's employees...

At home I use the one-cup Melita filter w/Folgers, Maxwell House or Kirkland Columbian...

Not a fan of Timmies but do like McCafe or Country Style...

Best by far is the coffee served at St. David's Diner at Hwy 7 and Hwy 35 South...

I use a BUNN coffee maker and am very happy with it and buy Maxwell House Original Blend.

Normally about $14 but frequently goes on sale at Foodland for $6 - $7 and when it does we pick up several cans.

I like Timmies but the only time I ever buy one is when were travelling a long distance a few times a year.