What makes a good fishing partner?

21 hours ago, Big Cliff said:

I might be 74 but it wouldn't be her hands I'd be trying to hold 😉

I have to agree Cliff. I'm 74 years of age as well. Maybe I could do the breast stroke with her to keep me on top of the water should the boat capsize.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, wkrp said:

A fishing partner that isn't on the cell phone all day talking to his wife and family members

One of my tournament partners does this, but worse he always talks on speakerphone so that he can continue fishing. I used to listen to him talk to his girlfriend for an hour at a time about drama with her friends, listen to her complain about work etc etc on speakerphone in the middle of tournaments. Luckily they broke up lol, but not sure if it’d be much of the same with his new GF lol

Edited by AKRISONER
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, AKRISONER said:

One of my tournament partners does this, but worse he always talks on speakerphone so that he can continue fishing. I used to listen to him talk to his girlfriend for an hour at a time about drama with her friends, listen to her complain about work etc etc on speakerphone in the middle of tournaments. Luckily they broke up lol, but not sure if it’d be much of the same with his new GF lol

OK if it was his boat, your boat , you're the captain.

Edited by dave524

A good fishing partner is someone who knows how to get the boat ready at the launch. Ropes, bumpers , plugs . Can back up truck and trailer if needed. Funny,good conversation. Knows how to work a fish finders . Has good fishing knowledge . With all this being said, looks like I will be fishing by myself. 

• Haha 2

You don't have to ask/tell a good partner to do something because they've already did it.  I used to fish with a friend who'd stand around on the boat launch with his hands in his pockets until you told him what to do.  Partly due to inexperience at first.  A good partner knows weather, boating safety and has some mechanical ability because I have little.  A good partner doesn't wave the net at fish. 

On March 25, 2020 at 5:55 PM, Rizzo said:

someone who doesn't have to go poop 15 minutes after we start. Got a buddy like clock-work...gotta take a dump as soon as we get to the first spot. 

You need to teach him what an "Aquashit" is all about.

I had a client with 3 ten yr  olds a few yrs back, we where fishing near a marina for a few hrs caught some bass then decided to go catch some walleye further out in the lake.

I asked the boys if anyone needed a washroom break - nope - 15 minute boat ride later we get out to the spot and one of the boys says Dad I need to go to the bathroom.

Dad says pee over the side or use the pee bucket - but Dad I got to take a crap. Well son Dad says it's time you learned all about an Aquashit.

Good thing it was July and water was warm,  Dad tells the boy to strip and jump off the back then hang on to the ladder and "just pinch it out son".

Of course the other 2 boys leaned over the outboard to watch and give us the play by play action - ooh it's floating -ick hahaha

We were all laughing our ass off except of course Aquashit boy wasn't overly thrilled with us.

we sacrificed a small hand towel and started catching walleye 

Next time your with your buddy teach him about an Aquashit

cheers

1 hour ago, Reelpro said:

We made sure to move to the other side of the shoal and watched for floaters 

🤪

don't you worry. the one time I did make him do the "aquadump". Unfortunately he was right beside the transducer and I caught the whole event on the humminbird

• Haha 1