What makes a good fishing partner?

Well I have been very fortunate to have had (and still do have) many wonderful fishing partners but the best one was my brother in law Herb. Herb was a lousy fisherman, not very good on the net, but he let me sleep with his sister 😁 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

1 hour ago, Big Cliff said:

Well I have been very fortunate to have had (and still do have) many wonderful fishing partners but the best one was my brother in law Herb. Herb was a lousy fisherman, not very good on the net, but he let me sleep with his sister 😁 

Good one Cliff...LMAO!

Yup nothing worst then sitting at the parking lot waiting for your fishing partner to show up only to get a text message he’s not coming  ,even 10 o’clock the night before sucks

also a guy who bugged me to take him fishing showing up with his 9 year old daughter without telling me she was coming 

Edited by Terry
  • Like 1

Years ago one of the guys in our bass club asked me to fish a tournament series here as his partner. Never had fished with him except a couple of late evenings while at one of our tournaments in New York. Those could be like family gatherings, a number of us took vacation time, rented a cabin or trailer, and brought the wife and kids along. I had actually met him and learned of the bass club thru his mother in law who was one of my customers.

First tournament, no problem, second tournament, no show. About 10 am his wife calls the house, Paul? yep, aren't you fishing? nope your dude didn't show! She was calling my wife to see if she wanted to have a cook out ready when we got home. Never talked to the dude again, he was shacked up somewhere.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My best fishing partner is someone that knows what they are doing without my help. Someone that I will talk their ear off and not vocalize their frustration for being cut off in mid sentence. My absolute best fishing partner ever was the one that doesn't mind putting up with me for a few hours on the boat then at the end of the day lets me sleep with her. 

• 3 weeks later...