Mattagami Lake

seanik

I haven't posted on this forum for a long time but check in frequently. I recently had bypass surgery with a difficult rehab but am on the mend. The last several years our group of older fellows. I'm 79 have been driving to White River and flying out. This year because of not wanting a long drive and health issues we decided to try an area much closer to Erie Pa. We wanted a lodge with meals and no more than a 10 hour drive, after much research we selected Green Wilderness lodge on Mattagami Lake. We usually fish in the morning, try to catch enough for a shore lunch and use the afternoon for pike fishing or napping. I realize the walleye fishing will probably not equal the more Western Lakes but that's Ok, because it's about the total trip for us. I haven't been able to get a recent information on Mattagami lake, most information I found on the net is 5 years or more old. We would appreciate any feedback on this Lake.

Cheers,

Jerry

Edited by seanik
misspelling

Hi Jerry,

It's been quite a while since our last communication. Glad to hear that your health is improving.

After I read your post, I googled for Green Wilderness Lodge Reviews and came across the following  - see https://www.facebook.com/pg/greenwildernesslodge/reviews/

There are numerous reviews from trips taken in 2019.

Good luck on your 2020 trip.

Jay

Thank you Jay,

The facebook information is just what I needed to know, Green's looks like it will be great for us. I phoned Linda the owner to book and told her some of us have a mobility issue, she offered the use of a golf cart for us to get around. Now this is fantastic service for senior citizens.

Looking forward to the drive along Rt.69, I marvel at the huge rock cuts North of Parry Sound, the work and engineering required to make this road possible. Also we enjoy the different restaurants and people we meet along the way, just adds to the total trip enjoyment.

My triple bypass surgery was done at the Cleveland Clinic, an amazing place, they do 3000 heart procedures every year. I came back home for rehab, several setbacks, 4 liters of fluid in 1 lung, got tapped was ok, then pneumonia and flu, full recovery, now getting back to normal.

Jay thank you again, you always came through when I needed information of any kind for my Fishing trips.

Jerry 

• 2 weeks later...

As we are under a stay at home order(State & county) here in Erie Pa and it seems to be working, 13 Coronavirus  infections caused by travelers from a nearby state, no community spread so far. after awhile cabin fever begins to set in. I had to go out for some groceries at a drive through pick up and was surprised on how little traffic on the streets in town, citizens seem to be obeying the order. 

I sent a deposit to Green Wilderness lodge for the week of July 11-18, hope the border is open by then. The stimulus bill passed by congress and signed by the President gives every adult with a S.S.#  1200.00, children get 500.00. Thank you President Trump. Our group of seniors got our fishing trip paid for.

Jerry