Local conservation areas (Hamilton)

lovetofish

Hey guys. Just wondering if anyone has been out to local conservation areas (Hamilton area)? Looking for some fishable waters for pike. Hopefully ice out pike. Super bored. Looking to take my 6 year old son and get out of the house. Thanks

Edited by lovetofish

20 hours ago, HTHM said:

Perhaps Mounstberg

20 hours ago, lovetofish said:

Think the ice is gone?

Ice may be gone, however I'm pretty sure pike season is closed until May there. I could be wrong, but there is a billboard in the parking lot with the regs/info. The harbour could be a good choice, around the Williams/Pier 4 area. If the season is open. 

Edited by Musky Plug

31 minutes ago, Musky Plug said:

Ice may be gone, however I'm pretty sure pike season is closed until May there. I could be wrong, but there is a billboard in the parking lot with the regs/info. The harbour could be a good choice, around the Williams/Pier 4 area. If the season is open. 

Pike season close March 31

There used to e a pond north of Waterdown on Middle Road open for pay by the inch Trout. Might be gone, it's been many years. We fished there in March when the ice was gone but needed to fish, a lot like Huzzaba is now, can't get enough fishing.

I would call before I drove to any Conservation Area. I would venture a guess they are all closed. Staying home means just that. Ontario is basically closed for business. 

Edited by Old Ironmaker
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I checked Mountsberg website and it said it was open. At Mountsberg, there’s no gate. Not usually much human contact. Think I will wait a few days at least, this cold snap won’t be good any ways. Next warmer sunny morning might be though.

Thanks for the info guys. 

5 hours ago, pics said:

Mountsberg is now closed. Anyone found on the property will be charged with trespassing.. 

I wonder if they mean on the side with birds of prey. The other side where they fish might be a different story. Still thinking about going for a drive. Even if it’s just for a drive to get out of the house. If it’s not posted, I will still try to fish. 
Tight lines

• Like 1

Credit Valley Conservation closed their CAs and trails today and the Ganaraska River Conservation Authority's Conservation Areas are also closed. Provincial and National Parks are also closed/closing. It will be interesting to see how this affects spring Rainbow Trout fishing.

Jon

I would’ve thought going for a walk in a CA or provincial park would be one of the safer activities you could do at the moment. Plenty of elbow room at this time of year. I was going to try and do a little fishing in a provincial park later this week. Guess not.

• Like 1

On 3/24/2020 at 6:08 PM, Weeds said:

I would’ve thought going for a walk in a CA or provincial park would be one of the safer activities you could do at the moment. Plenty of elbow room at this time of year. I was going to try and do a little fishing in a provincial park later this week. Guess not.

Problem is people seem to be rediscovering the outdoors at an alarming rate.  And they all go where google tells them.  I heard a few of the Halton Conservation areas were jam packed on the weekend.

Yeah, I can see how you might have to shut down a few high traffic areas but, if people can give each other 6 feet in any of the many stores and workplaces that are still open, not to mention city streets, they should be able to do the same in the great outdoors.