A Day of Ice-Solation!

David Chong

With all the uncertainty in the world today, I decided on some self-imposed ice-solation, trying to get another crack at Lake Simcoe before ice-out! The ice was still in good shape 15'-16", even the shoreline although I'm sure that it will deteriorate quickly! My ice-solation day was spent with a friend and his son plus another friend and his two step sons. The weather was excellent, at least until the wind picked up at the end of the day! We caught enough nice fish for a couple of meals and the kids had a great time! Not sure how many more days on frozen lake Simcoe are left, might try to sneak out for another ice-solation day! Be careful out there, watch the shoreline ice!

IMG_E5881.JPG

IMG_E5919.JPG

IMG_E5920.JPG

IMG_E5923.JPG

IMG_E5930.JPG

IMG_E5936.JPG

IMG_E5952.JPG

IMG_E5896.JPG

• Like 2

5 hours ago, misfish said:

Bring yer cleats ,,,,,,,,,,,

That much ice Brian? Not a single cube here on Erie. We have perch too, just hard to find in April. I will take a drive and see where all the boats are jammed up like the 401 when it had traffic. HTHM and I went one spring and did well. Might have been in May. Had to be 50 boats jammed next to one another outside Burwell or was it Bruce? 

I've been in 3 different areas over the last few days and there is 10-15" of black ice all the way into shore in those areas! There are areas of the lake where the shoreline ice is eroding quickly, be super cautious in those areas especially as things can change while you are on the ice! Stay Safe out there!

4 hours ago, David Chong said:

I've been in 3 different areas over the last few days and there is 10-15" of black ice all the way into shore in those areas! There are areas of the lake where the shoreline ice is eroding quickly, be super cautious in those areas especially as things can change while you are on the ice! Stay Safe out there!

Why I have decided to put away the ice gear David and brought out the waders and long rod til open water gets here . Will float on my toon when the time comes for some yellas bellies and whities,when the season opens again.

Be safe all

• Like 1