GAS PRICES, we will pay later

1 minute ago, Terry said:

I’m more worried about our dollar 

a new boat will cost 10,000.00 more then a month ago

Anything from the US will spike

in price 

You buying new ? I know I am not.  Well maybe something new,but not a boat .

2 minutes ago, AKRISONER said:

I’ve been trying to source some drums to buy a few hundred liters of ethanol free premium to run the boat on this summer.

I have barrels, just no place to store them. Or I would be.

• Like 1

I have to pick up my boat Friday. The tank is absolutely empty, had all the old gas pumped out. I am filling it, the 5 gallon kicker tank to the brim with hi test. I am filling all my gas cans and plan to go into CTC and buy a few of the biggest they have, if they have any. I'm sure we aren't the only ones taking advantage of these prices. 

CDN dollar below 70 cents today, not good. I was in Proctors Marine last week. They have a brand spanking new deep and wide 19.5' Crestliner on a tandem trailer there with a big arse 4 stroke bolted to it. 200 HP Merc. List price was $65,000.00 on sale for the high 40's. That is a deal for that boat. Last year I saw a 17 footer there with side council and a 90 Evinrude 4 stroke for 40K. Do they even sell 2 strokes any longer? If anyone is thinking about pulling the trigger on a new boat last years models are the ones to get. With the very low dollar anything coming across the boarder is going to cost big time. They had a massive 250 HP Evinrude there on a stand. Those things are bigger than the 1st car I bought when I was a kid in high school, 67' MGB. 

Edited by Old Ironmaker

If you bulk store gas remember that they should be stabilized to preserve the octane rating as well as the additives. The fuel needs to be vented as well as making sure that vapors do not build up in the storage area. Some areas make it illegal to store more than a small amount without having permits and special insurance .

Art

• Like 1

On 3/21/2020 at 2:09 PM, pics said:

Yeah, cheap gas will definitely cost us later. Fishing season is coming... slowly..🤔😜

It can't come early enough. If the Nanticoke Hydro station was still there we would fish It. Erie has been like glass for the past week.  Silver Bass would be on fire with these water temps, just above 0C. Perch should be in around us soon. Fishing in the boat for a few hours beats watching that stupid tube or re reading novels .I actually was down to reading old High School Year Books. I think I have watched every movie out except Frozen 2. Is it any good? 

5 hours ago, AKRISONER said:

just bought 175 litres of ethanol free shell V power Nitro yesterday! 98 cents a litre

We have two 28 US gallon gas caddies at the cottage.  I got my nephew to go over to Tyendinaga to fill them up with non cornsqueezings gas and then dose it up with Stabil.  I want to say it was about that price.

That should fish us awhile come June.

12 hours ago, Crimsongulf said:

We have two 28 US gallon gas caddies at the cottage.  I got my nephew to go over to Tyendinaga to fill them up with non cornsqueezings gas and then dose it up with Stabil.  I want to say it was about that price.

That should fish us awhile come June.

still have my full tank in the boat from storage too. When July hits and this thing passes prices will spike higher than ever for sure because transportation and the backlog of people wanting to go places is going to spike demand.

Edited by AKRISONER