Bass Fishing within 100kms of KW area.

Owen

Hello, I am looking for a good smallmouth/ largemouth body of water within 100 Kms of Kw area. I am usually a bank fisherman but I have a boat available. I have tried a few spots but nothing or really small stuff. Any suggestions?

Anywhere really along the Lake Erie shoreline of Haldimand county. I have sent several fisherman here and no one has ever had the evil skunk eye. Launch at Hoover Marina in Nanticoke and work the shoreline starting east of the marina along Peacock Point and work east until your arms get tired from hauling in big Smallies. For Large Mouth Long Point bay as Albert has suggested. Watch the weather and wind reports closely for Lake Erie. This lake can change in a matter of minutes. Ask HTHM about that. We have all been caught at one time or another and it ain't pretty. Windfinder.com and Sailflow.com are my go to sites. 

If you are boatless there are many spots along the Haldimand shoreline east of Nanticoke you have access to. From shore opening weekend is your best option depending on when the spawn is over, should be early this year with the mild winter which isn't a good thing casting from shore. A good pair of chest waders help immensely and are actually a must from shore. A tip wading, if the water is murky and you can't see your feet stay on shore. It's rocky and you can snap an ankle if you don't know where you are walking. Casting anything from body baits, jerk baits, rattle crank baits blue on chrome and plain old floating Rappala's, black on chrome. For spinners, tried and true spinner baits with Colorado blades, my favorite colours are white, yellow or blue. Soft shell crabs have a blue tinge to them. If all fails, which it shouldn't, the good old Mepps Black Fury, the smaller size the smaller the Bass, as the size goes up the size of the Smallies go up. I caught my personal best ever on a spinnerbait, blue and white tipped with a worm. 

Best of luck. The harder you fish the luckier you get. 

• Thanks 1