Coronavirus.

I worked security at a couple Rush concerts at WLU in Waterloo when they were touring with Max Webster. Back circa 1977. All really young kids in the audience and now wonder how now Rush is considered such a popular 'rock group' now when all I recall seeing in the audience were youngins there back then. Good band and I guess all the youngins then grew into old supporters now.

Remember the long-aired blond guy on guitar who's wife was there with their new baby. Friendly folks. Band somehow found some weird stuff back stage and were wearing turbans and such during their show. Hated Max Webster silly song about 'diamonds'. Worked a few of their gigs and the phrase 'diamonds diamonds' just stuck in the memory. Ugggh! 

8 hours ago, cisco said:

Max Webster

:worthy:

1st concert live I ever attended at Massey hall 12 yoa. Never knew what that strange smell was, till a guy past a cig, well I thought it was. Was a fun night. Fast forward to high school, and I got to relive the same, but knew what the cigs were .  LOL

Edited by misfish
  • Haha 2

On 5/16/2020 at 5:48 AM, cisco said:

Hated Max Webster silly song about 'diamonds'. Worked a few of their gigs and the phrase 'diamonds diamonds' just stuck in the memory. Ugggh! 

haha, I don't mind Diamonds, Diamonds. it's waaay less treacly than Patio Lanterns...unless yer in grade school haha

On 5/16/2020 at 8:03 AM, SirCranksalot said:

You sure it was the Second WW, not the First?? 😃😁

Oh you funny guy. I was always the young punk busting old timers chops, look at me now. Pay back be a bugger. 

Edited by Old Ironmaker
  • Haha 1

Back to virus related issues, now that the Old Age Security ( that is an oxymoron if I ever saw one ) cheques are out, did any of you other old pharts see the $300 or $500 top up that the kid said was coming ? same amounts here as usual. Taking a killing here on dispensing fees with the drug stores only giving 30 day supplies of all our meds .

41 minutes ago, dave524 said:

Taking a killing here on dispensing fees with the drug stores only giving 30 day supplies of all our meds .

When the pharmacies 1st started only giving 30 days supplies instead of 90 my guy told me we'd have to pay the dispensing fee every month for each refill but that only happened once and now we only pay 1 fee every 3 months like it always was before, even though we still only get 1 month at a time.

Maybe it's just my pharmacy but maybe check with you guy and see what he says.

17 minutes ago, lew said:

When the pharmacies 1st started only giving 30 days supplies instead of 90 my guy told me we'd have to pay the dispensing fee every month for each refill but that only happened once and now we only pay 1 fee every 3 months like it always was before, even though we still only get 1 month at a time.

Maybe it's just my pharmacy but maybe check with you guy and see what he says.

Could be , I only got hit once last trip for the dispensing when picking up 2 different ones for my wife, she is still under 65 so hers are on the company plan, I'm 70 so mine are a mish-mash of gov't and company cause the company one only picks up what the gov't don't.  Worst part I guess is all the extra trips when we are trying to reduce exposure to the outside world.

5 minutes ago, dave524 said:

Worst part I guess is all the extra trips when we are trying to reduce exposure to the outside world.

I'm sure your pharmacy will deliver if you ask them,  I'm 10 miles outside of town and can have everything delivered free of charge if I want it.  I can also phone in an order then when I go to pick it up I call again from the parking lot and they'll bring it out to the truck for us.

2 hours ago, lew said:

I'm sure your pharmacy will deliver if you ask them,  I'm 10 miles outside of town and can have everything delivered free of charge if I want it.  I can also phone in an order then when I go to pick it up I call again from the parking lot and they'll bring it out to the truck for us.

We've ( wife) started the online ordering with everything going on, I swing by when she gets an email it is ready, I'll tell her about the delivery. 👍

I am getting quite tired of hearing the polys saying how seriously they take this and how we must do likewise and then see the opposite being done. Why the heck didn't cops come with books of tickets to that Toronto park.----sort of a tax on stupidity--- That would convey the message a lot better than hearing all those words being spouted! They are condoning people who show such disrespect for front line workers and hinder the economy from reopening. It is costing lives as well as loads of $$.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MJIG said:

image.jpeg.8729fc3803d27c23900d7dcb89862a2f.jpeghttps://toronto.ctvnews.ca/mobile/the-painting-of-physical-distancing-circles-has-now-begun-at-toronto-s-trinity-bellwoods-park-1.4958236

Ah, so this is what the aliens were trying to warn us about with all those crop circles over the years.

When will they learn " you can't fix stupid " waste of tax dollars

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Streamhound said:

Just read that over 80 percent of deaths during the 1919 pandemic were caused by the 2nd outbreak after everyone went back to normal after the first wave.

Where did you read this?

7 hours ago, Streamhound said:

Just read that over 80 percent of deaths during the 1919 pandemic were caused by the 2nd outbreak after everyone went back to normal after the first wave.

7 minutes ago, T-Bone said:

Where did you read this?

The text in the following supports that the second wave of the 1918 flu pandemic was worse than the first.  

https://www.history.com/.amp/topics/world-war-i/1918-flu-pandemic

That was not a coronavirus, of course. Young, healthy people who lacked immunity often succumbed to the infection during that pandemic.

“ The death rate for 15 to 34-year-olds of influenza and pneumonia were 20 times higher in 1918 than in previous years (Taubenberger).”

https://virus.stanford.edu/uda/

On 5/28/2020 at 7:00 AM, dave524 said:

Back to virus related issues, now that the Old Age Security ( that is an oxymoron if I ever saw one ) cheques are out, did any of you other old pharts see the $300 or $500 top up that the kid said was coming ? same amounts here as usual. Taking a killing here on dispensing fees with the drug stores only giving 30 day supplies of all our meds .

Not a cent extra in my account, maybe they are running out of money?

As for the dispensing fees: I have been dealing with Loblaws pharamacy for years now, they blister pack my perscriptions in to daily doses but they only supply two weeks at a time however NO dispensing fees and they deliver them to me for free. If I need extra because of going on holiday no problem all I do is tell them how much I  want and they supply it. 

• Like 1