Coronavirus.

Yes cisco i do understand the hypocrisy of al-jazeera reporting about fake news. They are one of the best fake news service out there. The Onion is slightly faker.

Again, it was ironic that al-jazeera was reporting about fake news. You agreed with me on that. Lmao

• Like 1

They seemed to miss the point. I doubt that the province originally closed all ramps because of possible violations of social dist at them. The issues, as many have pointed out, were to discourage non-essential trips as well as avoiding relatively hazardous activities. Similarly, trail riding in our local forests, for e.g., was forbidden.

9 hours ago, SirCranksalot said:

They seemed to miss the point. I doubt that the province originally closed all ramps because of possible violations of social dist at them. The issues, as many have pointed out, were to discourage non-essential trips as well as avoiding relatively hazardous activities. Similarly, trail riding in our local forests, for e.g., was forbidden.

No, trail riding wasn't forbidden due to Covid,   the county keeps the forests closed to riding until things dry up to prevent damage.  Get the story straight.

Edited by Fisherman

2 hours ago, aplumma said:

Please do not argue or attack someone for their opinions,  remember we all have one. 

Thanks Art

Art, what I said about trail riding in the forests is not an opinion.  County forests are private property and they are the ones that regulate them to allow or disallow certain activities.  At that time, certain activities such as walking in accordance with required distancing was allowed. Hunting for turkey in certain forest plots was also ok.

Edited by Fisherman

Self-isolation.

Man we are weeks into self isolation and it is really upsetting me to witness my wife standing at the living room window gazing into space with tears running down her cheeks. It breaks my heart to see her like this, I have thought very hard about how I might cheer her up. I have even thought about letting her in but rules are rules.

Johnny D, plagiarizing. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Sadistic %%$#!! At least you could leave her some food and maybe a drink on your front steps for 'curbside' pickup.   BTW---my son's work partner was tested so my son spent 4 days in his bsmt with his wife leaving 'curbside' meals on the stairs! Fortunately the guy's test was negative so he has been let out to go back to work!

Thanks for the update MJIG, that's great news.

I was by there yesterday and it was a very sad feeling looking at the place and thinking about how terrible it's been there the last couple months.

• Like 1

Some sad news.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/london/registered-nurse-dies-london-covid-19-1.5567862?ref=mobilerss&cmp=newsletter_CBC+News+Top+Headlines++–+Morning_1174_27567&fbclid=IwAR2RGT9oBDXHB-Hh9Nwq6rBrcJ0kLs8eYnel-QFDBdG0RRiOu6YAQUcQ9Ww

This home was one that I was looking to get dad into but crossed it off the list as it was mostly dementia patients. The one he is in (moved on March 12th) just before all hell broke loose is a couple of miles away.

They have the Rona in his home as well but it has been held to one floor that is not his. At least last I heard.

We haven't even been able to move his stuff from his old retirement home since everything has been locked down.

7 hours ago, misfish said:

Nascar will run without fans in the stands . At least it will be something to watch. LOL

Nothing different than their normal Sunday attendance. I am on a boating site with the majority of members in the US. More than a few of the members are rabid NASCAR fans. Attendance has been dropping every year for many years now. Other than The Daytona and Coke a Cola race many seats are empty. They cram all the fans in 1 or 2 sections and the TV director never shows the empty stands. 

OK, is RONA short for Corona? Are we getting that lazy? 

On 5/6/2020 at 5:09 PM, MJIG said:

The Mayor said in his statement:

"Another piece of good news is that effective this Friday May 8, Fire Services is lifting the burn ban. Please be responsible if you’re going to have a fire this weekend and remember that items such as grass clippings, leafs and garbage are not allowed to be burned. These should be disposed of properly at our landfills sites, which will begin to open to the public starting next week."

How can a Mayor lift a provincially mandated burn ban? Or I may have missed the Ford has lifted the province wide burn ban.  

On 5/10/2020 at 12:50 PM, LefroyFisherman said:

Apparently it was two 19 year olds going for a drive in their dads car, clocked at 308kph!

As soon as I shut down this cumbuder thing I remember to ask the question. What model Benz sedan can do 308 KPH? I don't know if the pic they used on CBC is the actual car or a stock photo. Shown is a 2 door C class coupe on the tow truck not a sedan. What are a few details in a news report in 2020?  

24 minutes ago, Old Ironmaker said:

The Mayor said in his statement:

"Another piece of good news is that effective this Friday May 8, Fire Services is lifting the burn ban. Please be responsible if you’re going to have a fire this weekend and remember that items such as grass clippings, leafs and garbage are not allowed to be burned. These should be disposed of properly at our landfills sites, which will begin to open to the public starting next week."

How can a Mayor lift a provincially mandated burn ban? Or I may have missed the Ford has lifted the province wide burn ban.  

Mr. Friday night lazy me? Yep, a 6 or less second Google search tells me it all depends on where you live in Ontario as to whether or not you can have a fire. 

9 minutes ago, DRIFTER_016 said:

It is as is the 19.  :tease:

What's 19 short for?  I was born not that long after the 2nd WW ended, please forgive me for not being hip. But had it's advantages. The cover charge to see RUSH at the old Rock Pile in Hamilton was 1 dollar. Was so close to Alice Cooper that he handed me his hammer to keep time to "Schools Out" at Brian Timmins in Hamilton too. A few years latter saw Pink Floyd at the old Ivor Wynne stadium which was then new for 5 bucks. Worked security for a company in Hamilton and shared a cab with Stevie Nicks. She said I was cute, so there. 

Edited by Old Ironmaker