Coronavirus.

I talked to a cottage neighbor, from a distance,

he got pulled over on the 400, the cop asked where you headed?, it was obvious the way the car was packed and the kids in the back, he said going to the cottage

the cop said no, turn around, head back home

he said, we have all our supplies, there's no travel ban, sorry but I'm going

the cop said here's a $750 ticket, have a good weekend, lol

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Headhunter said:

Any major vehicle manufacturer comes to mind...

HH

Never had a problem with that.  Except for one chrys van, everything else is Honda and Toyota products.

You can probably guess which one is the problem child.

My old Ridgeline has probably been the most bullet proof vehicle I have ever owned.  Built in Alliston.

16 hours ago, chris.brock said:

he got pulled over on the 400, the cop asked where you headed?, it was obvious the way the car was packed and the kids in the back, he said going to the cottage

wow. wonder if neighbour just came back from a trip and was supposed to quarantine ? that's a steep fine and I'm thinking they should fight it since there are no legal travel restrictions (beyond quarantines) afaik.

17 hours ago, chris.brock said:

I read this and in the back of my mind I hear a line from an old Dire Straits song repeating itself over and over again.  "Two men say there Jesus, one of them must be wrong"

On 4/20/2020 at 5:53 PM, Pigeontroller said:

Agreed! I quit smoking cigs at 21, started with Colts at around 33, quit them around age 38 the day my Mom was diagnosed with oral cancer. She beat that, went back to smoking a month after her surgery...Then last year 60 years of smoking got her....

I started smoking the same way. Started with stogies at weddings and dinner dances at about 32, then to cigarillos, then to Colts. I got up to a pac of Colts a day and my Doc said that was like smoking 2 packs of cigarettes a day. So in my mid 30's I started smoking American cigarettes, the smell brought me back to my youth as all the adults then smoked at my Nani and Nono's in the US. Similar to why adults have the urge to go to MCDonalds. 

8 days and almost not counting. Still having the dreams about smoking and getting physical with guys in my dreams. Hardly using the gum or spray and no appetite. I don't want to jinx myself and say surpisingly it isn't that hard, yet. I'm always tired all day. I slept most of yesterday and in bed and asleep by 10PM. Up at 10 this AM and back to lay down at 2 for an hour.  

On 4/21/2020 at 4:37 PM, AKRISONER said:

Funny, I couldn’t afford a $50+ a week dart habbit either Johnny...

damn I could go for a home made burger right now, but I’ve got crappie filets from this weekend to munch on for dinner. Gonna make tacos

Touche. I'll trade you 5 pounds of lean ground beef for 2 lbs. of Perch fillets. I make a batch of cold sludge (cole slaw) and top a Perch taco with it. Or on a nice fresh crispy garlic bun. Our local Food Town makes them but you better get in early as they sell out by 10AM. Then they make more after lunch. I bet if I call ahead they will save me some. Now my mouth is watering. 

On 4/22/2020 at 2:59 PM, Terry said:

Yup there are no travel restrictions for travel in Ontario 

Here is a video of the opp  stating the fact

Unfortunately there are many different law enforcement agencies and their interpretation of what is law is almost as diverse as the opinions on this board.

edit: even within the same agency there is some discrepancy in what is allowable

Edited by dave524

17 hours ago, Old Ironmaker said:

Touche. I'll trade you 5 pounds of lean ground beef for 2 lbs. of Perch fillets. I make a batch of cold sludge (cole slaw) and top a Perch taco with it. Or on a nice fresh crispy garlic bun. Our local Food Town makes them but you better get in early as they sell out by 10AM. Then they make more after lunch. I bet if I call ahead they will save me some. Now my mouth is watering. 

if I was on simcoe youd have yourself a deal, unfortunately 20 perch outta gbay still might not net you 2lbs of meat lol

I did my crappie tacos the same way i do all of my fish now unless im cooking it straight over a fire.

Crappie triple dipped in a flour seasoning salt and chilli powder. Soft tortilla, tomato, jalapeno, cabbage slaw with apple cider vinegar dressing, chipotle mayo, chipotle hot sauce, and a squeeze of lime.

Edited by AKRISONER

6 minutes ago, dave524 said:

Unfortunately there are many different law enforcement agencies and their interpretation of what is law is almost as diverse as the opinions on this board.

edit: even within the same agency there is some discrepancy in what is allowable

Which is really sad that the cops don’t know the law. And the fact is there is no law restrictions on travel here they must be trying to apply other laws   I would love to see what law they are citing.

first I would like to see a ticket just to prove people are telling the truth. I believe the news channels would jump all over it if it actually happened 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Terry said:

Which is really sad that the cops don’t know the law. And the fact is there is no law restrictions on travel here they must be trying to apply other laws   I would love to see what law they are citing.

first I would like to see a ticket just to prove people are telling the truth. I believe the news channels would jump all over it if it actually happened 

It's tough enough for lawyers and Judges to agree on what is legal and what isn't I have found that Cops can be totally clueless about the law. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, big guy said:

Sorry Big Guy.. but you admittedly have a wife that tested postive early into this, possibly took this into a home unknowingly where many residents are now deceased and you're buying into this nonsense that it's a scam... :wallbash:

• Like 4

Are you saying my wife may have gotten infected elsewhere, then went to work with it? I sure as hell hope not. She got it at work. As did 23 other people she works with.

The nurse and i are not saying that its all a scam, just questioning how threatening the virus really is and how many people have died of other ailments, that covid is being listed as the cause of the death.

I can speak from experience as i am amazed neither me or our 2 sons did not get it as well, living with someone who was quite ill for 8 days. Makes one think differently thats for sure.

But part of the video message is, if hospitals arent swamped with cases, why not open elective surgery for people who so desparately need it for ailments that are just, if not more life threatening than covid. I get caution, but its time to start treating people for other things now, resources are being wasted waiting around for something that apparently isnt coming.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SirCranksalot said:

So she's saying that they are over prepared?? What a ghastly sin. Ever hear the expression "Prepare for the worst but hope for the best"?

Not a sin, just that thinking needs to start changing now, start focusing on other things that are just as important.

• Like 1