Coronavirus.

10 hours ago, Terry said:

They went to their cottage not their home 

And we keep seeing his face on TV telling us to "GO HOME AND STAY HOME!" but when we point things like that out we are called Trudeau bashers! How are people supposed to take him seriously when he tells us we have to do our part for the benifit of all Canadians then he openly does the exact thing he has told us not to do. 

13 hours ago, Crimsongulf said:

Sounds like a plan to me.  Name any business that collects funds for a product or service then denies access to what you have already paid for.

Microsoft and Windows 7 support...  Oh wait, that's Bill who's trying to save the world so...  

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Crimsongulf said:

Sounds like a plan to me.  Name any business that collects funds for a product or service then denies access to what you have already paid for.

Any major vehicle manufacturer comes to mind...

HH

17 hours ago, DRIFTER_016 said:

I quit cold turkey back in 1999.

It was rough but what helped me was sucking on extra strength fisherman's friend lozenges. 😁

I don't know why but they helped me.

OH, and the fridge will get you!!! Not now, but it will eventually especially after you've been off them darts long enough to get your taste buds working again. Food and drink never tasted so good as when I quit smoking!!! 😂

Good for you. I was good a quitting the tar, I quit with regularity. 6th day today. Only 2 sprays of Nicorette spray today. I did quit for almost a year 15 years back. I thought I had it beat, I don't think you ever really have the addiction beat. I remember Dad telling me after he had quit 25 years before that when he saw us smoking and smelled it he always had the craving. Popping in a Fisherman's Friend in your mouth may be a way to replace popping a smash of tar into your mouth. I'm already feeling better after less than a week. Constant smokers cough almost gone and my sinus's are clearer. I could use another 10 or 15 pounds. I went from 210 4 years ago and am down to 174 today. No reason why other than not having 1/2 the appetite I did 4 years ago.

Fisherman's Friend trivia. It will sometimes raise your body temp about 1 degree. I had a guy at the plant that always went to medical so he could be sent home sick. The nurse would remark "Worker has a low grade fever." Worked every time for him he told me years later, usually on a Friday afternoon shift.

1 hour ago, Old Ironmaker said:

Good for you. I was good a quitting the tar, I quit with regularity. 6th day today. Only 2 sprays of Nicorette spray today. I did quit for almost a year 15 years back. I thought I had it beat, I don't think you ever really have the addiction beat. I remember Dad telling me after he had quit 25 years before that when he saw us smoking and smelled it he always had the craving. Popping in a Fisherman's Friend in your mouth may be a way to replace popping a smash of tar into your mouth. I'm already feeling better after less than a week. Constant smokers cough almost gone and my sinus's are clearer. I could use another 10 or 15 pounds. I went from 210 4 years ago and am down to 174 today. No reason why other than not having 1/2 the appetite I did 4 years ago.

Fisherman's Friend trivia. It will sometimes raise your body temp about 1 degree. I had a guy at the plant that always went to medical so he could be sent home sick. The nurse would remark "Worker has a low grade fever." Worked every time for him he told me years later, usually on a Friday afternoon shift.

wait until you taste how damn good filet mignon tastes again.

18 minutes ago, AKRISONER said:

I,ll take a grilled sirloin burger smothered in fried onions and topped with fried Canadian bacon with a fried egg  with a soft yoke topping it off on a egg bun, over that over priced piece of meat wrapped in a thin slice of bacon .

:canadian:

1 hour ago, AKRISONER said:

Fancee shmancee eh AK. I have not seen a filet mignon for many years. You can tell who's making the big $'s and who is on a meager Steelworkers pension. 

1 hour ago, misfish said:

I,ll take a grilled sirloin burger smothered in fried onions and topped with fried Canadian bacon with a fried egg  with a soft yoke topping it off on a egg bun, over that over priced piece of meat wrapped in a thin slice of bacon .

:canadian:

I'm with you Brian. We haven't had egg buns for years. When we lived in the city we would get egg buns from Deninger's almost weekly and found them at Food Town and bought a dozen in Hagersville just last week. Any burger or sangwidge is only as good as the bread on each side of it. Even a good lobster roll is garbage if served on Wonder Bread. 

Edited by Old Ironmaker

12 minutes ago, Old Ironmaker said:

Any burger or sangwidge is only as good as the bread on each side of it. Even a good lobster roll is garbage if served on Wonder Bread. 

A lot of that white bread should be called "wonder bread", wonder what they use to make that junk.  It's a rare moment that I use a while bun to hold a hamburger, most of the time it's 2 slabs of real rye bread.  Rudolfs, not Dimpelmeiers.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Old Ironmaker said:

Fancee shmancee eh AK. I have not seen a filet mignon for many years. You can tell who's making the big $'s and who is on a meager Steelworkers pension. 

Funny, I couldn’t afford a $50+ a week dart habbit either Johnny...

damn I could go for a home made burger right now, but I’ve got crappie filets from this weekend to munch on for dinner. Gonna make tacos

10 hours ago, Big Cliff said:

And we keep seeing his face on TV telling us to "GO HOME AND STAY HOME!" but when we point things like that out we are called Trudeau bashers! How are people supposed to take him seriously when he tells us we have to do our part for the benifit of all Canadians then he openly does the exact thing he has told us not to do. 

He chose to self isolate for several weeks longer than he had to.....hadn't seen his family  in quite somtime, so nothinv wrong with visiting his OWN FAMILY 

• Like 2

Your thoughts on Loblaws  to allow front line workers in  first ?

This is going to be hard for some to except, and ,how many people are printing off FAKE papers as I type ? We all know this is very easy to do these days .

Senior citizen  is lined up at 6 am for the 7 am opener that they have been promised . Front line walker or 2, pull up at 6.59, park and walk to the door and are let in first . Person waiting dose not give a rats ass if it,s a front line worker . Here is where the yelling and maybe even worse starts .

I am on the fence .

Just asking

Edited by misfish

Well on the fence too but please don’t get too close. 

I see some reasoning to let people who are working to not have to line up. After all they have things to do. For the rest of us the line ups might be the biggest thing they do all day and the only time during the day they aren’t on their asses

• Like 1

I have family that are frontline Brian. I have lined up at 6:30 two times. Ten minutes in the store and everyone else was in also. Today at 10:30 I drove by a Food Basics  and not one person at the door.  I’m sure if this happens they won’t all show up at the same location.

I read last week in England a heathcare worker got off work after 12 hours, went to store and shelves were empty of what she needed. :( 

Let’s hope cooler heads prevail and be civil, we are Canadian.  

57 minutes ago, Whitespinnerbait said:

He chose to self isolate for several weeks longer than he had to.....hadn't seen his family  in quite somtime, so nothinv wrong with visiting his OWN FAMILY 

Not quite true. His wife had covid 19, two weeks later she was considered recovered however everyone that had been in contact with her should have been quarantined for two more weeks. However she and the kids went to the cottage, he properly self quarantined for two weeks, the children should have as well but they traveled with their mother to their cottage while we were being told "no unnecessary travel". 

I have been in self quarantine for 5 weeks now, I  haven't seen my family in over three months, so based on your logic there shouldn't be anything wrong with me visiting my OWN FAMILY.

14 minutes ago, SirCranksalot said:

And the travel was about 20 mins or so. People are being asked to minimize their travel to cottages etc. Seems like he was well within the guidelines/recommendations.

So 20 minutes or so is alright, well it's only 3 1/2 hours to my kids place, I would be in the car by myself, so is there a time limit to No unnecessary travel? 

22 minutes ago, SirCranksalot said:

Different situation---he was not in contact with anyone that he had not already been in contact with. "self isolatin' was not broken.

He hadn't been in contact with them for three weeks. 

It's the double standard I have the issue with, lead by example otherwise it's a dictatorship, everyone should follow the rules except me! 

• Like 3