Coronavirus.

" Also a 10 cent spike in the price of gas, but only fri-sun and only the 2 stations that are in town " That is pretty much a standard practice everywhere these days? Friday was the traditional payday here for a lot of years, now with most doing direct deposit it is still fill up time for travel, yard maintenance and getting ready for the next week of work.

Not rumors or fb chatting. My own observations. The gas station outside of town, away from the traffic from city, stays cheap. Definitely not a weekend raise game, since prices have stayed the same for the previous month, or dropped.

And the tims hours are correct. Also the reason why. It's not hard to ask why they suddenly changed the weekend hours.

In fact, since I am friends with the owner of the one station, i will ask him directly. Wouldnt want to spread fake news.

But feel free to visit our tims around 3:05 pm on a weekend, pikeslayer, since i am apparently full of it. LMAO

I'm CV-19 out. I want to be informed as much as one can as much as the other guy, but I've had about as much as the same info day in and day out as much as I can take. I doesn't mater if it's POTUS, Justin, Ford, Cuomo, or his kid brother Christopher Cuomo or some other talking head they are all repeating the same info one after the other. day in and day out.

By the way if Trump happens to win the Presidential seat in 2020 Chris Cuomo, the talking head at 9PM on CNN will be the next US President after the 2024 election. You can say you heard it 1st here on OFC in April 2020. If he chooses to run against his older brother Andrew who has had his eyes on it for years he will win it hands down. 

4 day no smoking update. So far so good, Had a dream last night that that there was a glass ash tray and I reached to grab a smoke. I said don't touch a smoke, I don't smoke. Then I said we can smoke in the AM, the AM came. The morning came and no need, it went and came and zero smokes. So far so good..

Edited by Old Ironmaker
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Old Ironmaker said:

I'm CV-19 out. I want to be informed as much as one can as much as the other guy, but I've had about as much as the same info day in and day out as much as I can take. I doesn't mater if it's POTUS, Justin, Ford, Cuomo, or his kid brother Christopher Cuomo or some other talking head they are all repeating the same info one after the other. day in and day out.

I'm tapping out too, watching these people just pisses me off

gotta say kudos to CHCH, they gave me want I wanted to know way better than the bigger CBC or Global crap

10 hours ago, Old Ironmaker said:

4 day no smoking update. So far so good, Had a dream last night that that there was a glass ash tray and I reached to grab a smoke. I said don't touch a smoke, I don't smoke. Then I said we can smoke in the AM, the AM came. The morning came and no need, it went and came and zero smokes. So far so good..

I appreciate good news like this when we're seemingly buried in bad news. Good stuff.

I gave it up many years ago. About the best thing I ever did. One of the little things I did was set aside my cigarette $$ and use it to buy a treat/gift of some kind. I remember buying a little cake of some kind and celebrating some milestone with 2-3 friends.

Keep up the good fight.It will certainly be worth it---guaranteed!!

• Like 1

OI, I remember 'smoking dreams' after I quit, get used to them they last awhile. Keep up the fight, don't think about tomorrow just today don't give in! Its worth it to avoid an ugly painful premature death, what a dumb thing to pay for!!!

I agree with you about a Cuomo in the White house, I didn't consider Chris, was thinking Andrew. He's a leader unlike the current guy...Sorry Art.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Old Ironmaker said:

By the way if Trump happens to win the Presidential seat in 2020 Chris Cuomo, the talking head at 9PM on CNN will be the next US President after the 2024 election. You can say you heard it 1st here on OFC in April 2020. If he chooses to run against his older brother Andrew who has had his eyes on it for years he will win it hands down. 

John, are you using a nicotine patch? They had them on me when I was in the hospital and nursing home and I never really had the urge to smoke, of course though smoking wasn't allowed on the grounds  of either and I understood the rules. I have managed to start again, but about 1/3 of my prior use.

3 hours ago, OhioFisherman said:

John, are you using a nicotine patch? They had them on me when I was in the hospital and nursing home and I never really had the urge to smoke, of course though smoking wasn't allowed on the grounds  of either and I understood the rules. I have managed to start again, but about 1/3 of my prior use.

Thanks all for the encouragement. Paul we have Nicorette oral spray and gum. So far so good, we are antsy though. My wife is off today and we are having heated arguments. More in the last 5 days than the last 5 years maybe longer. I had almost the same dream about smoking last night, and my dreams are about me being violent. Last night I beat up a guy I know. It was in self defence. 

It is a full time job trying to get the real news about C-19 and not rumours. A $750.00 fine to a cottager. For exactly what, just being there? Slashed tires? Some places in the US families are urged to go to country cabins etc. Maybe that's fake news too, I can't tell these days. 

Edited by Old Ironmaker

I quit many years ago .

I have always said there is only one thing important enough for someone to quit.

A reason they fully believe in. It doesn't matter what the reason is either as long it is strong enough to influence the one quitting.

Your reason can be completely different than mine but if it works for you, that is all that counts.

Good luck.

• Like 1

On 4/15/2020 at 11:02 AM, Old Ironmaker said:

Thanks Fisherman, I am getting the patches at zero charge through the Ontario Gov. smoke cessation program. If you are in Ont. I'm not sure why you have to pay for them. 

I quit cold turkey back in 1999.

It was rough but what helped me was sucking on extra strength fisherman's friend lozenges. 😁

I don't know why but they helped me.

OH, and the fridge will get you!!! Not now, but it will eventually especially after you've been off them darts long enough to get your taste buds working again. Food and drink never tasted so good as when I quit smoking!!! 😂

26 minutes ago, DRIFTER_016 said:

And he crossed a closed border to get to them.

And so?

He is a Quebec resident.

And I'd like to know how well would an order to prevent Prime Minister from returning to the nations capital would stand up.

On 4/16/2020 at 6:11 AM, AKRISONER said:

The WHO has posted that they no longer believe that the virus can be transmitted in an airborne matter. And furthermore asymptotic people are far less dangerous than originally thought. Their spacing guidance is now 3 feet rather than 6 and I even heard some articles begin to suggest that it needs to be 12!

At this point I don't believe a word that comes from the WHO.

They have screwed the pooch at every opportunity with their "recomendations"

And our leaders have followed their suggestions as gospel putting people at risk in the process.

All along they have been parroting WHO talking points and not acting in the interests of Canadians.

Thankfully they seem to have grown backbones and actually done what was needed to help keep Canadians safe, although in my opinion they were 2 weeks late on all of their decisions because of it. 

I saw a video showing how far a sneeze or cough can travel in a grocery store. It was quite a bit more than 6 feet.

I wear a mask and gloves whenever I go into any store and use hand sanitizer all the time.

The one good thing is out Premier here in the NWT closed down our borders to non-NWT people except for truckers and essential traffic as well as closing non-essential businesses, banning gatherings etc. Because of this we have only had 5 cases of the 19 all related to travel. All 5 have recovered so we now have ZERO active cases here. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Woodsman said:

And so?

He is a Quebec resident.

And I'd like to know how well would an order to prevent Prime Minister from returning to the nations capital would stand up.

They went to their cottage not their home 

31 minutes ago, Fisherman said:

Next we will be asking a rebate on fishing licences because we weren't allowed to run around willy nilly. 

Sounds like a plan to me.  Name any business that collects funds for a product or service then denies access to what you have already paid for.