Coronavirus.

6 hours ago, mamona said:

Gets better, Trump asks medical supply firm 3M to stop selling N95 respirators to Canada
https://globalnews.ca/news/6772979/coronavirus-3m-n95-respirators-trump-canada/?utm_source=notification/

Ok, enough news for me today

I don't like the situation either. but ask yourself? if your mom needed a mask? would you give hers to a neighbor?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, knightfisher said:

Like him or not, Trump is doing the right thing. One has to take care of their house hold first, then offer help elsewhere.

And this is why I say take care of your own.  Canada has given out $$$$$$$$ to aid other countries, wheres the pay back ? Keep our $$$$$$ here from now on.  Also you will see that big name actors are donating millions in the US to help health aid . Where are our big stars ? Oh wait, living state side .  Hey Drake, you got some spare change ? Maybe donate, instead of your tootsie foot move vid showing off your mansion .

• Like 4

2 hours ago, knightfisher said:

Like him or not, Trump is doing the right thing. One has to take care of their house hold first, then offer help elsewhere.

If you were to break it down to a family level, you have to ask yourself if you would give assets to others while your family was lacking.

These are not ordinary times and yes if the worst case scenario projections (no way that they are) it is gonna get ugly.

Always remember be prepared to accept what you wish for.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, SirCranksalot said:

91792529_10157471989763878_2483559848160002048_n.jpg

I don't think that's a fair comparison, we didn't have thousands of people going to die because of what we did there. This is a case of them OR us. I wish it had been handled differently but it is what it is. I think most of the people on here would choose to take care of their family first than look out for others.

• Like 1

Yup if we don’t send the material to them they are not making any for some time . We supply a lot of electricity to the northern part of the USA. I think a good Canadian would save all that for our own safety. Not to hurt them but Canada for Canada   I’m sure they would do the same 

• Like 1

Just my thoughts, but Canadians buy a HUGE amount of 3M products including the new Ontario license plates.

I have absolutely no idea how much money 3M makes from Canadians but I'd imagine it's pretty darned substantial and to now be cut off from something as important as these masks would just plain stink to put it mildly.

17 hours ago, Crimsongulf said:

There are a lot of half truths and misinformation going around these days.

Amazon denied Smalls' accusations, saying it fired him for repeatedly "violating social distancing guidelines and putting the safety of others at risk" after it asked him to stay home on paid sick leave after he came into "close contact with a diagnosed associate with a confirmed case of COVID-19,"

https://www.businessinsider.com/amazon-fires-warehouse-worker-led-strike-protest-covid19-cornavirus-response-2020-3

In these days of wild tort claims no company especially one as large as Amazon fires anyone for reasons that they can't back up.

Go to Jimmy Dore on youtube since he did an interview with the whistleblower a day or so ago and since he did a couple more where other reporters exposed documents showing how Amazon execs/lawyers planned to discredit the guy.  If you want the best version of the 'truth' I advise going to social media and see the docs and interviews by independents. This rather than blindly believing the MSM or thinking things are ok since you don't want things to not be ok. Follow the time line and Trudeau is obviously pandering to Bazose. Also what POTUS actually said re the masks is videod there. Oh and if all ok why has the national guard been posted along our border? When people begin needing food and PPEs the various states will be intercepting truck/rail shipments to Canada. Can't blame em. But we here are taking steps to recycle masks and other forms of PPE thank Heavens. Unless China and other countries keep shipping to us around rather than over or through the US we are in serious trouble with many things IMHO.

12 minutes ago, lew said:

Just my thoughts, but Canadians buy a HUGE amount of 3M products including the new Ontario license plates.

I have absolutely no idea how much money 3M makes from Canadians but I'd imagine it's pretty darned substantial and to now be cut off from something as important as these masks would just plain stink to put it mildly.

3M is off the hook re this issue since it is the Fed gov't there who tells 3M what it can and cannot do presently. 3M will do as it is told.

12 hours ago, Crimsongulf said:

Keep in mind after H1N1 that Obama never replenished supplies afterward.

And in the last 3.5 years neither did Trump. This is not a time to point fingers. The current situation is unprecedented. It is however front and center with many governments now that the impact is clearly known. Both from a healthcare and warfare standpoint. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SirCranksalot said:

OK--if others think it's offensive I will take it down.(BTW--I understand that 3M explained to him that some materials for the mask come from Canada)

I don't see problem with it. whether it's a direct analogy or not is not *that* important to me. The message is that we let them land and we took care of them. so the shoe is *almost* on the other foot today, and instead of denying us landing rights, he's denying us ppe, which we need. I get wanting to keep them for themselves. but they're reacting to poor planning, and as 3M has stated, this could lead to retaliatory measures, which will hurt both the US, and the rest of the world. Basically, stuff like this will lead others to believe the US will not have their backs when the chips are down. 

Edited by woodenboater

4 hours ago, grimsbylander said:

And in the last 3.5 years neither did Trump. This is not a time to point fingers. The current situation is unprecedented. It is however front and center with many governments now that the impact is clearly known. Both from a healthcare and warfare standpoint. 

Obama had 7 years and did nothing.