Coronavirus.

2 hours ago, Big Cliff said:

Unfortunately common sense isn't very common any more. Sadly there are many instances of people not practicing self quarantine or social distancing.

My next door neighbour's kids just showed up yesterday from Fort Eire or where ever it is they live now and I looks like they are here for the duration, meanwhile they are out on the street talking to other neighbours, petting their dog...... Up until last weekend there was a bunch of them sitting in their garage drinking...... They run over to Timi's in the morning to get their coffee, some people just don't get it!

I just heard that a man that had just returned from France decided to go grocery shopping in Noelville (where he lives), the store is now closing so they can disinfect the entire place to protect other customers and staff.  JUST PLAIN STUPID and SELFISH!!!!

We have idiots here who won't comply either.

I know Mike and am dissapointed with him.

Hopefully they make an example of him because of this.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/north/public-health-nwt-reality-tv-1.5513628?fbclid=IwAR2E6BOjrjwwmzHjVFYiUYrK2omQMA_lB1q8IXUJQkdbEZuZ5PH-pCBYblg

• Sad 1

Public shaming can be a good thing sometimes, IMO. The police cannot possibly catch all those miscreants. Some locals here returned from Florida and were seen wandering around chatting with neighbors. I sure the outrage expressed on our local very active FB page must have gotten back to them by now. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, cisco said:

We need to protect our healthcare workers so they can be around to do their jobs as safely as possible. 

I saw a sign nailed to a tree today that said  "thank you nurses"

Thought it was a darned nice gesture

• Like 3

THUNDER BAY - The province of Ontario is extending its declaration of emergency and closing all outdoor recreational areas to the public in an effort to slow the spread of COVID-19.

In a release issued late Monday evening, the province announced a new emergency order under the Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act to close all outdoor recreational amenities effective immediately.

The order will see parks, playgrounds, sports fields, basketball and tennis courts, off-leash dog parks, beaches, skateboard and BMX parks, picnic areas, community gardens, condo parks, and other outdoor recreational amenities closed to the public.

Green spaces in parks and trail areas will remain open but the public is being reminded to practice proper social distancing. All provincial parks and conservation areas also remain closed.

“I made a commitment to be open and upfront about what we need to do as a province to beat this virus," said Premier Doug Ford. "Based on the best medical advice available, we are taking further steps today to protect the health and safety of all Ontarians by closing outdoor recreational amenities. We all need to work together and do our part to stop COVID-19 by staying home, practising physical distancing, and avoiding social gatherings."

The province is also extending its declaration of emergency implemented on March 17, which included orders closing all non-essential businesses, prohibiting social gatherings greater than five people, and implementing off-peak electricity pricing.

The order will be extended until April 13, 2020.

“We are acting on the best advice of our Chief Medical Officer of Health and other leading public health officials across the province" said Christine Elliott, Deputy Premier and Minister of Health. "We will continue to take decisive action to stop the spread of COVID-19 and protect Ontarians' health and wellbeing.”

5 hours ago, mamona said:

Hopefully all this measures will help. We had one or two days with nice weather last week in my area. All parks and trails were flooded with people.

I got woken up a few times over the past weekend to thunder so bad it shook the house, and it poured all weekend. It still seems a bit early for the peak walleye spawn on Lake Erie and it's trips here, but some of those tribs are moving at near record water levels.

Got called by my boss to do an emergency job in Algonquin. Had to put up gates to keep people from entering and using different facilities and places. The CO who showed us the sites stopped at one bush road that had open gates but was completely snow covered. He said take those gates and hardware to use at another site, since nobody would be stupid enough to try driving up it. His words lol

Went further in, all the way to Mew lake to put up gates, then headed back towards east gate. Got to the bush road to remove gates, and there is a car full of a Chinese family from Toronto, buried in the snow. 

Tried to convince me to pull him out, and i said "No, what are you doing here? Call caa or the police or i can call the police for you."

I kept asking him what they were doing here, halfway through the park on hwy 60......not very politely either. As we pulled out he was still on the phone with caa. Would love to see that bill. 

Just stupid. STAY HOME. How many people did they contact, doing a 7-8 hour round trip? Just to see a moose?

20200331_141205_HDR.jpg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, nlpaintballer said:

Got called by my boss to do an emergency job in Algonquin. Had to put up gates to keep people from entering and using different facilities and places. The CO who showed us the sites stopped at one bush road that had open gates but was completely snow covered. He said take those gates and hardware to use at another site, since nobody would be stupid enough to try driving up it. His words lol

Went further in, all the way to Mew lake to put up gates, then headed back towards east gate. Got to the bush road to remove gates, and there is a car full of a Chinese family from Toronto, buried in the snow. 

Tried to convince me to pull him out, and i said "No, what are you doing here? Call caa or the police or i can call the police for you."

I kept asking him what they were doing here, halfway through the park on hwy 60......not very politely either. As we pulled out he was still on the phone with caa. Would love to see that bill. 

Just stupid. STAY HOME. How many people did they contact, doing a 7-8 hour round trip? Just to see a moose?

20200331_141205_HDR.jpg

Good for you,  maybe a little inconvenience will make them think twice before ignoring what's best for community!

3 hours ago, nlpaintballer said:

“Got called by my boss to do an emergency job in Algonquin. Had to put up gates to keep people from entering and using different facilities and places. The CO who showed us the sites stopped at one bush road that had open gates but was completely snow covered. He said take those gates and hardware to use at another site, since nobody would be stupid enough to try driving up it. His words lol

Just stupid. STAY HOME. How many people did they contact, doing a 7-8 hour round trip? Just to see a moose?”

It’s been a long time since I’ve seen such a blatantly racist comment on our forum. 

Edited by Pikeslayer
  • Confused 1

How is it a racist comment? I have Chinese, Laotian, and Balinese friends. It was not a blanket statement, and that just because they were asian, I assumed they were Chinese. They were definitely Chinese. 

As for AP, it is closed. And something else..........oh yeah, I remember now. There is something called covid-19, that some people have heard of by now. Others not, I guess. 

It's always a good idea to travel around the province, when you have been told to stay home. Where i live, small town with 1000 people, but we have 4 or 5 assisted living/retirement homes and a high percentage of our population is over 65. If it takes hold here, there wont be a town left. 

But by all means, feel free to drive wherever you want, just dont be surprised if you run into roadblocks. We have declared a state of emergency in renfrew county, and the reserve in golden lake is roadblocked. 

• Like 1

I tried to figure out why people would think it’s racist 

im not good at this stuff

but I think the fact that you made a point

of stating their race when there was no reason to state their race ,makes it racist  
I could be wrong.  I’m sure someone will correct me if I’m in error 

• Like 2

Lol. Thanks terry, i am pretty bad with it too i guess. I just found the irony unbelievable.

I still would have done the same thing, no matter what race they were. 

They decided to drive that far from where they should be isolating themselves, putting people in danger.....again, regardless of their race. 

There is nothing in the park that is essential business.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Pikeslayer said:

It’s been a long time since I’ve seen such a blatantly racist comment on our forum. 

Didn't know being from Toronto was a race , but cityfolk tend to be somewhat out of their element in the bush to put it more tactfully.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1