Coronavirus.

3 hours ago, rethug said:

Well May is my gut guess but I hope it doesn't go into the summer months or we'll have alot of bad experiences and those poor outfitters affected like everyone else.

I think from a social distancing perspective going fishing is great ;)

I had been informed that the end of June was the expected ending of this madness but today I read August.

I hope this is wrong.

38 minutes ago, misfish said:

Was not hard to tell many heard this as the beer store and liquor store were lined up outside . 

From just a little bit I caught on the news it sounds like the Liquor Store will remain open as it's gonna be classed as an essential service for those with drinking problems according to Dr. de Villa

4 minutes ago, lew said:

From just a little bit I caught on the news it sounds like the Liquor Store will remain open as it's gonna be classed as an essential service for those with drinking problems according to Dr. de Villa

I think they will stay open as not to have their stores smashed into Just my take on it . 

19 hours ago, Old Ironmaker said:

Where can I find that fact WSB? Not according to my lawyer, as of last Wed. Things change hourly now I get that.

19 hours ago, Old Ironmaker said:

Where can I find that fact WSB? Not according to my lawyer, as of last Wed. Things change hourly now I get that.

Lior samfiru........the umemployment lawyer.

Google his name and check him out

From Lior Samfiru's website as it pertains to workers rights during this pandemic.

"In the event that an employee is let go or fired from their job as a consequence of the coronavirus pandemic, their dismissal will likely be considered a termination without cause. That employee will still be owed full severance pay under common law."

So yes at this time any employee that is laid off in Ontario is eligible for full severance pay. 

Read his full statement below. From the horses mouth. But it was March 5th, I can't find anything that is different today. The best way to get the real info we need at this time, actually any time is from the source so as to not start rumours. That was today, tomorrow it may change but for now my wife if laid off will get a severance package. If anyone is sent home with a reduction in pay they can demand a layoff. We had a similar situation during a strike at my plant in the 90's. Salaried employees were sent home with 65% salary until further notice. 65% salary in some cases was below what that employee would get on what was then U.I. 

I am going to try and call his office tomorrow, but I bet the phones are ringing off the hook. 

https://stlawyers.ca/blog-news/what-are-an-employees-rights-during-a-coronavirus-outbreak/

Edited by Old Ironmaker