Coronavirus.

I just heard it summed up perfectly " it's better to be 6' apart than 6' under. I am taking this very seriously, I have COPD, high blood pressure and I am 74 so considered high risk. I am not ready to cash out yet, I have already paid for my reservation for Myrtle Beach for next winter and I fully intend to use it.

I am not finding it hard to self quarantine, I have more than enough food, powdered milk apples, carrots, potatoes....... I  could easily stay isolated for a month or more except for medications and I still have a 3 week supply of them. I only have 8 more days of voluntary self quarantine but you can be sure that when that is over I'll still be extremely careful. All of a sudden I don't feel quite so invincible!

• Like 7

hopefully the world comes back to normal by May so we can all go on our fishing trips.. my buddy and I are planning our yearly trip up north in Armstrong in July and I hope our flights don't' get cancelled otherwise a 17 hour drive but oh well.. I'm sure the fishing outpost companies are still booking safe trips hopefully if the world can come back to normal..

stay safe everyone!

6 minutes ago, rethug said:

hopefully the world comes back to normal by May so we can all go on our fishing trips.. my buddy and I are planning our yearly trip up north in Armstrong in July and I hope our flights don't' get cancelled otherwise a 17 hour drive but oh well.. I'm sure the fishing outpost companies are still booking safe trips hopefully if the world can come back to normal..

stay safe everyone!

Which lake are you going to? My son and I went to Vick Lake in 2016

Edited by Big Cliff

Biggest issue now is a mask shortage. In Kitchener a bunch of nurses claim they weren't allowed to wear masks while dealing with a virus patient and several caught the virus. In Michigan acc to a message from a nurse Tulsi Gabbard the politician knows there a hospital is issuing one disposable mask per week that users have been directed on how to sanitize. Here in Ontario gov't is scrambling to get industry retooled to make N95 masks, gowns, ventilators. Hopefully healthcare workers won't be unarmed and become sick trying to do their job. Masks expired (5 yr expiration) from the SARS issue years ago are still in storage and are being considered for use if still determined to be safe. 

If you have a mask check out how to sanitize it on Google since you may have issues getting more.  

5 hours ago, Whitespinnerbait said:

Under normal circumstances yes they would owe her severance, but under the situation were in now.....Employers are exempt.., 

Where can I find that fact WSB? Not according to my lawyer, as of last Wed. Things change hourly now I get that.

2 hours ago, cisco said:

Biggest issue now is a mask shortage. In Kitchener a bunch of nurses claim they weren't allowed to wear masks while dealing with a virus patient and several caught the virus. In Michigan acc to a message from a nurse Tulsi Gabbard the politician knows there a hospital is issuing one disposable mask per week that users have been directed on how to sanitize. Here in Ontario gov't is scrambling to get industry retooled to make N95 masks, gowns, ventilators. Hopefully healthcare workers won't be unarmed and become sick trying to do their job. Masks expired (5 yr expiration) from the SARS issue years ago are still in storage and are being considered for use if still determined to be safe. 

If you have a mask check out how to sanitize it on Google since you may have issues getting more.  

My nephew is a Paramedic in Niagara. Many are working without protective equipment. I think they are exempt from the Ontario H&S Act of 1978 for the right to refuse unsafe work. Same for Police, Fire and front line health workers unless it's changed in the last 15 years when I worked for the MOL. I personally have 2 Comfo 2 masks and cartridges that are probably out of date. Better than a scarf if I need it. 

I'm currently having one of those parent moments when you don't know whether to be proud as F or kidnap your son. Have learned that #1 Son has taken a cot and apparently moved into his local Township office. He is the Communications Director, responsible for all computer/tech etc including all the equipment he's installed over the years that runs both the water filtration and sewer plants throughout the entire township. He is also the Emergency coordinator and not sure he's actually slept in a couple weeks. Another on the front line that better not become a casualty. If you're not taking this Covid matter seriously and are out there spreading it, I'll kill you if it doesn't !

Edited by irishfield
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, rethug said:

stay safe everyone!

May ? not a chance in hell things are back to normal in May. Could be tough finding a lodge that's even open. ymmv, and def stay safe

13 hours ago, T-Bone said:

Just now announcing Ohio going on 'lockdown' at 1PM tomorrow...details still coming out. 

And yes Misfish...being diligent is all you can do to protect yourself. 

https://www.cleveland19.com/2020/03/22/live-ohio-gov-mike-dewine-addresses-public-covid-spreads-through-state/

My county had one case 6 days ago, it's up to 10 now.

Well May is my gut guess but I hope it doesn't go into the summer months or we'll have alot of bad experiences and those poor outfitters affected like everyone else.

I think from a social distancing perspective going fishing is great ;)

On 3/20/2020 at 4:10 PM, Old Ironmaker said:

My wife has 2 weeks vacation booked to visit family south. They didn't encourage her to take it they actually did the opposite and asked her to cancel which she did. They have several employees of her Shoppers store that are off with illness so they are short handed. I'm sure no one wants to be anywhere near someone hacking and coughing. Very surprised they haven't closed her cosmetics department but she told me 3 things  as to why, 2 are logical. She is the 1st person a customer sees. If she thinks they have a cold etc. she is to ask them to stay there until a Pharmacist talks to them, especially if they are elderly. 2nd she is to ask what they are shopping for, tell them exactly where that is and ask them not to shop or linger, just get what is needed and leave. A few have not taken that advise well, very irate especially Sr's. The 3rd is security. There are small items worth more than a 100 bucks on the shelves. I told her it's easy to MT those shelves and store them. She says it isn't easy and it would take 2 employees 2 days to do it. Difficult isn't a reason not to do something these days. I really wish she wasn't dealing with the public. 

edit: I just talked to my wife. A few changes at Shoppers. No fliers in the store. A yellow tape is placed at all registers 6 feet from the register, stay behind the yellow line until the person in front is gone. They are planning on putting plastic shields at the registers. They don't know exactly when or how.  

Are they supplying the employees with masks and gloves?

They should be.