Coronavirus.

I have a friend in Western New York that has been fighting it for a week, as has his Brother. His suggestion, to me, was for anyone that has a family member with bad lungs to go get a few ox tanks and masks NOW as his worst effect was trying to breath. Frozen food pea packs for the headache, etc. It's serious and it's real.. don't anyone try to open my laneway gate!

I went to the local nofrills after work. First store I have been in for a week . I need to get some small supply's. I could not believe the devastation of empty shelves.  90% fresh produce was gone. Meat was well, down to scraps. There was plenty of salt beef buckets, so grabbed one. That stuff lasts for ever . Lots of frozen products,.Not a single cleaning/disinfectant to be found. Well there was Javax . That will work just fine for me . Sometimes old school works for those that know. It does smell bleachy in here, but means clean .

What I took from this was, it has happen close to home. Never thought this would . See the tornadoes and flooding down south, line ups,people hoarding and taking what they can. Makes one think, never take for granted what we have .

On a side note, I hear all the TP hoarding is so people can make masks . It not for wiping yer ars at all. That is interesting .

As for all this hoarding and buying up everything , I cannot wrap my head around how the store would allow this with whats been going on . I can understand the fear, survival , but I for one, watched others today looking and struggling to find their needs in the store . Older people from the old age complex . It sadden me very much .  Me, I can buy any canned product, pasta and whip up a dinner fit for anyone, but these folks, they need easy .And no, thats not cat food . We all have heard of this happening, and I am sure, it still does . Very sad .

I,ll leave now . I have depressed myself enough .:(

We shop in Foodland in Lakefield, it's a small store but very nice and never busy at all. Today we got an email from them saying yesterday was the busiest day they've EVER had.

It's open 24/7 and we need some stuff so I'll be heading down there very early tomorrow morning before most folks are even awake and hopefully they'll still have some stock left.

I'm like you Brian and never thought I'd see this type of thing.

Since at this time border crossing still allows US citizens but with a 14 day self quarantine.  We are not worried about the summer yet, especially since TW is still a Canadian citizen and we are property owners.

I wonder how self quarantine would work.  Once we cross in Detroit, it is still 6-7 hours to the cottage.

"Mass hysteria".. well hopefully it doesn't happen to you, but if it does here's a few tips from my friend! Thought his Brother had been gone for 30 minutes.. it was almost 2 full days!

for me it was ,
the fever,sometimes burning sometimes just low and hovering.
the Pressure headaches,like my brain was swelling inside my head < that kinda bad.
the stomach,first upset then later on vomiting blue? and green? stuff.
the almost stupifying lack of oxygen to my brain.
i could barely get full breaths if i did then i got major lightheadness and so forth.
this went on for over a week,at one point my brother came over to check on me i was in same place i was 42 hours ago. and i thought hed been gone 30 minutes...
and im 52 and work outside...which is why i worry about older members.

H1N1 didn't go from 200 to 2000 in 4 days and then 21000 cases in a week. I don't get the toilet paper either for what isn't an intestinal issue. It's respiratory. In my estimation the only store with empty shelves right now should be the liquor store!

• Like 2

I guess I shouldn't have gotten those 2 boxes of Q-tips as I am really not too sure I want to hear all the Bull being hyped among the actual factual truth.  Can I trade them for some beer please as I think my local beer store may be sold out.  Crap I need smokes too.  I'm screwed, little smokes and beer...  But hey I got that new truck.  LoL!

I'm always up very early so I drove into town this morning at 4:00 and got the weeks groceries bought in 20 minutes and was home again just after 5:00.

Had the entire store to myself and missed the insanity that will probably start at sun-up  LOL

The post office refused to deliver a package to my door. Because of the virus. So now a senior citizen has to go to a busy store to pick up the package.  Shows you how much the post office cares.  Time to switch to couriers.  The post office sucks 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Terry said:

The post office refused to deliver a package to my door. Because of the virus. So now a senior citizen has to go to a busy store to pick up the package.  Shows you how much the post office cares.  Time to switch to couriers.  The post office sucks 

Ditto, found that out yesterday too, they normally deliver to the door, but now they leave a notice in the mailbox, nuts.

22 minutes ago, Fisherman said:

Ditto, found that out yesterday too, they normally deliver to the door, but now they leave a notice in the mailbox, nuts.

Yeah, wife got an email from OCS saying her meds will be at the post office for pickup, hope I can get them for her, she has lung issues and is not going out, at all till this is over.

2 hours ago, Terry said:

So now a senior citizen

I,ll remember that,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, LOL

BTW, You got my tag yet ? While your out and about,you might as well pick it up. :lol:

Edited by misfish