Meegs for goby bite, fly for hatch bite

misfish

With the bad access yesterday,I had to plan on another spot. Had my mind made up . That was til this morning and said I got an hour and a half before day light, so lets take a drive and check out a spot. If it,s not good to get on,I would head to plan A . Well I arrived and there were guys standing around looking at the access . I said, whats the problem ? I look and tell them, it,s a hell of a lot better then where I went in yesterday. I quickly unload the hut and smitty, load up the gear,park and gonzo. Well I did wait for light today,as I didn't know the area . One fella yells out, watch the crack. I could see it out there and would heed his warning . I get to the crack and here comes a couple of ATV,s . I watch and they go back and forth looking for a spot. I walk up,see a good spot, test and ya,good. Cross no problemo . Once I am across, I turn on the navionics. Scroll and see a spot . Head right to it. HMMMM, there are holes around . Must be a good spot. Sit for an hour,mark 2 fish . Not so good . Move time. Hit the bottom of a drop. Sit for 1/2 hour. 1 fish. Move again . Thank goodness there was no snow. Travel by foot was sweet . Hit 2 more spots and mark but they move on fast.  I did not like the feel of the bottom . Silty. I could lift the meegs a foot off bottom before I marked it , and my fly was close to the bottom .

I scan the area seeing where everyone is sitting . No one looks very excited . I look at the navionics again . Look to where I might want to go. Say to self,why is no one fishing that little hump ? Since it was walking closer to my launch area,I decided to go and try . Set up,drop,bang bang, fish comes in . Tap tap ,fish comes in,rises and smashes my fly . WOOT WOOT, fish on . Get it top side and I have happy feet . Quick dispatch, and back down goes the meegs . 10 minutes later,a mark and tap tap and tip goes up. Set idiot . Miss. Rip and pound the meegs and another comes in. 1 tap and on . That is aggressive . Number 2 is top side . I am doing the happy dance, but then stop so no one knows I am on fish . 

With the sun warming everything up fast, and the odd ice pound,I'm thinking, do not push yer luck today . Packed up and headed in . Last thing I need is another dip or have to walk miles to find a crossing spot at that crack . Crack was fine when I got to it still, thank goodness.

Friday will not be a day to be out by the looks of it, so Saturday might be the last day as Sunday looks like a real windy one too . I am good if this is my last. Not my best of season, but it made me work for my fish.  Dang, that is hard work .LOL

Now to the reason for 2 different takes . Clean the fish and found one had gobys,the other was full of midge hatch. They were still squirming when I pushed them out of the belly. So the meegs for the goby bite, the fly for the bug bite. 

DSCF5279.JPG.b8866b40ac99445e9fecc1db66492b16.JPG

DSCF5281.JPG.5fb2550672b9f1b149d610f74f147d04.JPG

DSCF5282.JPG.0ba01b76b3d49ee37774e7d661567c23.JPG

• Like 4

4 hours ago, misfish said:

With the bad access yesterday,I had to plan on another spot. Had my mind made up . That was til this morning and said I got an hour and a half before day light, so lets take a drive and check out a spot. If it,s not good to get on,I would head to plan A . Well I arrived and there were guys standing around looking at the access . I said, whats the problem ? I look and tell them, it,s a hell of a lot better then where I went in yesterday. I quickly unload the hut and smitty, load up the gear,park and gonzo. Well I did wait for light today,as I didn't know the area . One fella yells out, watch the crack. I could see it out there and would heed his warning . I get to the crack and here comes a couple of ATV,s . I watch and they go back and forth looking for a spot. I walk up,see a good spot, test and ya,good. Cross no problemo . Once I am across, I turn on the navionics. Scroll and see a spot . Head right to it. HMMMM, there are holes around . Must be a good spot. Sit for an hour,mark 2 fish . Not so good . Move time. Hit the bottom of a drop. Sit for 1/2 hour. 1 fish. Move again . Thank goodness there was no snow. Travel by foot was sweet . Hit 2 more spots and mark but they move on fast.  I did not like the feel of the bottom . Silty. I could lift the meegs a foot off bottom before I marked it , and my fly was close to the bottom .

I scan the area seeing where everyone is sitting . No one looks very excited . I look at the navionics again . Look to where I might want to go. Say to self,why is no one fishing that little hump ? Since it was walking closer to my launch area,I decided to go and try . Set up,drop,bang bang, fish comes in . Tap tap ,fish comes in,rises and smashes my fly . WOOT WOOT, fish on . Get it top side and I have happy feet . Quick dispatch, and back down goes the meegs . 10 minutes later,a mark and tap tap and tip goes up. Set idiot . Miss. Rip and pound the meegs and another comes in. 1 tap and on . That is aggressive . Number 2 is top side . I am doing the happy dance, but then stop so no one knows I am on fish . 

With the sun warming everything up fast, and the odd ice pound,I'm thinking, do not push yer luck today . Packed up and headed in . Last thing I need is another dip or have to walk miles to find a crossing spot at that crack . Crack was fine when I got to it still, thank goodness.

Friday will not be a day to be out by the looks of it, so Saturday might be the last day as Sunday looks like a real windy one too . I am good if this is my last. Not my best of season, but it made me work for my fish.  Dang, that is hard work .LOL

Now to the reason for 2 different takes . Clean the fish and found one had gobys,the other was full of midge hatch. They were still squirming when I pushed them out of the belly. So the meegs for the goby bite, the fly for the bug bite. 

DSCF5279.JPG.b8866b40ac99445e9fecc1db66492b16.JPG

DSCF5281.JPG.5fb2550672b9f1b149d610f74f147d04.JPG

DSCF5282.JPG.0ba01b76b3d49ee37774e7d661567c23.JPG

Are those deep-fried Kobies and the other stuff?  Just asking since the bite has been slow.

Many have had great days out Albert . They unlike me,have machines, so walking makes me limited,unless it is like it is out there now. I have been able to walk to those 1-2 mile spots .

If I can get out one more day this weekend,I will give these 2 new ties a try .

002.JPG.5e1a1f4963bd139ff7c4ed57a2d52970.JPG

003.JPG.fbe1e176a3ecb11f47afc83ef0bc724f.JPG

• Like 1