Unknown lures

malcolm

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum and will need lots of help from the members here. I'm from across the pond, just moved here to Sault St Marie. First question... what type of fishing is best in my area??

Also please give me some idea of the type of traling or where is the best bank fishing?? I also have a few antique lures found in the house i bought. Can I put some pictures on here so maybe you members can give me some idea of their age & what they would be used for??

It is really beautiful here in Ontario.

Thanks for all your help in advance.

DSC01579.JPG

DSC01583.JPG

DSC01585.JPG

DSC01587.JPG

DSC01588.JPG

DSC01590.JPG

DSC01593.JPG

DSC01597.JPG

DSC01598.JPG

Those lures may be worth a fair chunk of change, it appears that you have the original boxes. To a collector those are highly prized. There are others on this board that will be better able to advise you. 

Welcome. 

Edited by HTHM
  • Like 3

Good morning everyone, thank you so much for your replies. I think I'm going to enjoy this forum and hope to have lots of talks on fishing & tackle. I mainly have bank fished in Britain but I'm looking forward to lots of lake fishing. I'm only a newbie to the fishing in Canada but enjoyed a trip to Neultin 2 years ago.

Me in Boat.jpg

Neulton Plane.jpg

Neulton Plane-1.jpg

Neultin Cabin-1.jpg

On 3/9/2020 at 11:02 PM, HTHM said:

Those lures may be worth a fair chunk of change, it appears that you have the original boxes. To a collector those are highly prized. There are others on this board that will be better able to advise you. 

Welcome. 

Indeed.  I would be doing a bit of research before I let them go.  Good luck.

Doug

• Like 1

On 3/10/2020 at 7:25 AM, OhioFisherman said:

Welcome Malcolm,

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NICE-VINTAGE-HI-SPORT-LURE-11-25-19POT-FROG/123993438376?hash=item1cde95b8a8:g:h1MAAOSwqwhd4Xle

There is a link to one of those lures on ebay, if you have the boxes or names on the lures you can research them there and get a rough idea of their value.

Thank you akaShag, that one is not going for much.... I find a lot of ebay buyers are after something for nothing. It's the same on Amazon.

40 minutes ago, malcolm said:

Thank you akaShag, that one is not going for much.... I find a lot of ebay buyers are after something for nothing. It's the same on Amazon.

I did not look at that link.  My point is that SOME vintage lures fetch good money, and some research would be a good idea.  Please see my pm.

Doug

• Like 1

akaShag is right, some of the lures, boxes, and paper work and even old fishing magazines can draw a good price. Ebay is sort of a zoo, you need all the possible info you can get on older stuff there, and condition can be everything. Some of those folks have no real clue about what they list, it's old so it has to be worth a lot? Well not really.

• Like 1

Welcome aboard Malcolm! I can't help much with the lures value, but personally, I think I would just make up a nice display and keep them. Pike Slayer and others would be a good resource for fishing in your new home area.

I spent a fair bit of time working in The Sault back in the '80's and really fell in love with the place! One day, I hope to get back to the area.

Enjoy your time on this board. A wealth of information on fishing and a whole lot more!

Brian