Trout and walleye session.

limeyangler

Hi all, 

Went back to a trout and whitefish lake for the third time in the past couple of weeks. 

Thought I'd figured out that the whitefish bite early and the trout from around 9 am onwards. 

The whitefish were there but back to being aggressively curious but nothing else, mostly window shoppers, might be that when I did good on whitefish it was clear sky high pressure day as this last trip out was a warm, windy low pressure front day, any way, keeping track of weather conditions as I play around with the whitefish. 

The trout however turned on big time, managed to land three with a couple getting off and lots of chasers that didn't hit. By midday I was starting to pack up, again not bad for a four hour or so session. 

I decided to try for walleye before going home and got to another lake closer to home at around 3pm. 

Man had the wind picked up, but it was warm and because I wanted to hole hop for a better chance of a fish decided not to set the shelter up. 

The walleye gave me the run around, a couple of missed bites, a couple hooked but got off and landed a 19"er. All in all a fun day with plenty of action early on, slept well last night....lol.

111.JPG.f728bdfad5b43258129b35f012b9cfde.JPG222.JPG.341e6ae34950f31fb12c0626bdb3c846.JPG1146748377_ScreenShot2020-03-04at12_31_33PM.png.9b3052638f6a0753c0918803b9e15f17.png

• Like 4

4 hours ago, mamona said:

Impressive haul and lots of fun!
I would suggest to try linear mode in your GoPro. It will eliminate the fisheye distortion of its lens.

I like the fish eye, linear is fine when you can see the view screen but when you can’t it makes it easier and more reliable to get everything in shot.