New record state fish, New Hampshire.

Big Diamond Lake is a stocked lake trout fishery.  The lake is just over a mile long and about 3/4s of a mile wide.  Methinks this fella was lucky enough to catch a tank fed and raised brood stock fish that was released to live out some final days.  Because really, there's little chance a lake that size, that receives all season angler pressure, could grow a 37 pounder over the past what... 30, 40, 50, 100 years.

Records today are being shattered by fish tank fish... Kinda silly.  But for this guy, it'd be hard to imagine days, years maybe a lifetime of catching 1-2 pound stockers, the odd 5 pounder then all of a sudden hook a 30+ .  What a rush. lol

2 hours ago, Moosebunk said:

Big Diamond Lake is a stocked lake trout fishery.  The lake is just over a mile long and about 3/4s of a mile wide.  Methinks this fella was lucky enough to catch a tank fed and raised brood stock fish that was released to live out some final days.  Because really, there's little chance a lake that size, that receives all season angler pressure, could grow a 37 pounder over the past what... 30, 40, 50, 100 years.

Records today are being shattered by fish tank fish... Kinda silly.  But for this guy, it'd be hard to imagine days, years maybe a lifetime of catching 1-2 pound stockers, the odd 5 pounder then all of a sudden hook a 30+ .  What a rush. lol

Probably right.  I fished a tiny little lake that was supposed to be stocked with splake .  A few locals walked by dragging 15lbs+ lakers.  It blew my mind until one of them told me the hatchery gets rid of it's over sized brood stock there.  They also weren't the prettiest specimens.