Top 5 Walleye Fisheries In Canada

FishFishing

2 hours ago, Yellow Fever said:

I wasn't really taking the hard water fishery in to consideration, Quinte fall fish probably have the largest average. We never really get small fish. I have a buddy that wants me to go down and fish the Fall Brawl but in one day last fall i had 3 fish that would have topped the top 6 in the Brawl. Nobody even turns a head at a 10lb walleye 

LOL, what did you win for those 3 fish?

http://www.lakeeriefishingderby.com/2020-fall-brawl.html?fbclid=IwAR3_Iz-4XBbSWbXbkao3jb-cdIdkldqrKzd6esYCNswH76lIk3QN_7ostUE

Actually winning that thing involves a good deal of luck, same could be said of a lot of fishing events though. We don't really have a Quinte here, so choice areas and spots can cover a lot of miles. In part you are competing against charter captains that operate as head boats during the brawl, they only want fall brawl participants.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/301921010176028/

It is quite a distance to come for a lot of people, planning for someone not from the area can be very tough, because you are having to gamble on the weather also, some days you just aren't getting out to fish.

On 2/29/2020 at 10:34 PM, ehg said:

They  forgot to mention Simcoe. Saw lots of 20 lb fish when you could fish Talbot river by Gamebridge 30yrs ago.

My  largest thru ice was there. Wisely they put season back a couple weeks, Fished Quinte as well. Simcoe fish were bigger thru ice way back when you could fish late March.

20lb Walleye ?  by the way no one targets walleye on Simcoe anymore.

Edited by FILTHY OAR

People do target walleye on simcoe

not as much as when we could fish for them till April.  Ice fishing for them when the mouth of Talbot starts to open great shore fishing. But not season closes midlife March so timing sucks

walleye opener has some real good shallow water trolling for them. And summer time night fishing could get you some great walleye

my largest was 13.5. I was fishing from shore

and that night I was a guy coming off the ice dragging a 15.5 and a 18.5.  I can’t believe he killed them. Sure they tasted like wood. I just snapped a photo took a weight  and released them   But yeah people still target them 

• Like 1

On 2/28/2020 at 9:31 PM, limeyangler said:

Nothing in NW Ontario? Really? Lol.

I guess because it's a national magazine they have to include areas from across the country.  I would think NW ON has some of the best in the world..