Hide'n out in Temagami

chris.brock

There was enough bites to keep it interesting. We all knew there's a chance at a true giant so that kept us on the edge of our seats.

Unfortunately, the full day we had up there the bite and fish activity seemed to be significantly slower than the day we drove up. 

The slow, full day we had up there was very cold but with the blue bird sky and light winds we spent most of our time outside the hut. 

Like a lot of the places I've been to, I want another crack at the south end of Temagami. The most important thing is, it was another great family adventure and memories were made. And young Teagan was the fisherman of the trip for his lakers, whitefish and ling.

t1.jpg

t2.jpg

t3.jpg

t4.jpg

t5.jpg

t6.jpg

t8.jpg

• Like 3

That whitie looks much more silver then the Simcoe ones . I take they are naturals in that lake Chris ?

Hate to ask but, the kid is wearing a night light on his head, in the hut . Never mind. What happens in Temagami, stay at Temagami. LOL

Nice whitie .

7 hours ago, zenon11 said:

We were up there this weekend too, but in the eastern bay. Lots of lookers but few takers for us. The fish just didn’t seem to be hungry. 

You weren't the guys with the pop ups right in town were you, fishing beside TShores three huts??? If so we drove by you a bunch of times! Can't figure out why they put their huts there... when there's a nice 55 FOW hole half way between there and their docks! 

Glad you had a good time and made some memories Chris, it can be a tough lake to crack... and even when you think you have it figured out, I got skunked for 10 days straight! 

temagamifeb13to232020 123.JPG

16 hours ago, irishfield said:

You weren't the guys with the pop ups right in town were you, fishing beside TShores three huts??? If so we drove by you a bunch of times! Can't figure out why they put their huts there... when there's a nice 55 FOW hole half way between there and their docks! 

Glad you had a good time and made some memories Chris, it can be a tough lake to crack... and even when you think you have it figured out, I got skunked for 10 days straight! 

temagamifeb13to232020 123.JPG

Yup, that was us. We poked holes all over the place but that was the most consistent spot. Didn’t hurt that we were staying at Temagami Shores so we were able to stay out later and avoid a nighttime snowmobile ride 

Edited by zenon11
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, zenon11 said:

Yup, that was us. We poked holes all over the place but that was the most consistent spot. Didn’t hurt that we were staying at Temagami Shores so we were able to stay out later and avoid a nighttime snowmobile ride 

I must have passed you guys about 20 times.  I would have been good fun to have you guys out on the Arm with us.    My ride below hard to miss the snow ball going into town.

IMG_6697.JPG

On 2/26/2020 at 9:43 AM, irishfield said:

Sorry for the highjack Chris.. looks like we need to start a OFC Temagami G2G

no worries Wayne, I appreciate your input , I know you're really familiar with the lake and I like to hear what you have to say about it

a tid bit, a guy in our camp caught a 20 lber in 24 fow, mid day, on a big sucker minnow (probably a little bigger than is legal, lol), I didn't see the fish,  but I talked to him long enough that I believe his story

Edited by chris.brock
  • Like 1

beauties! 

8", lol, no doubt you're going to get a few skunks when targeting the biggies, how do you work the big tube? I'm curious because there's a decent chance we may go back next year since we had so much fun

we did mark 2 or 3 things on the graph when I couldn't decipher, is that a tight school of bait or 1 big fish

JDS's avatar picture is also a Temagami giant

Just like Muskie fishing.. lift 5' or so and let it swim/circle back down!

The lake is FULL of schools of minnows 20+ feet deep and 100 feet long. Inside those you'll see large "hooks" eating away. Sometimes these fish will dart out and head for your hook. Other "mystery" large red light ups on the screen are 4 or 5 herring (some 16" long!) swimming tight together, they'll drive you nuts on the lake but can be coaxed to bite with a green labelled swedish pimple. Other large red marks are "Walter", the cruising 20+ lb Laker that will inhale your still bait!

Most of the time we don't jig.. absolutely still baits. One 5 or 6' off bottom, the other 5 to 10' above it.

• Like 1