Gerry's Bait & Tackle in Lakefield

lew

This is just an FYI for any of you boys who may buy fishing stuff from this place. 

They had a pretty bad fire there last week and it seems like the place is pretty well gutted. The owner hopes to re-build and open again someday but who knows when that may be.

It's only a couple miles from my house and I drove by during the fire and and even though I was a fireman for many years it's still sad to see someones dreams going up in smoke.

Anyways, if anyone uses this place you'll need to find somewhere else to pick up your supplies next summer.

fire 2.jpg

fire.jpg

• Sad 1

Terrible news...I believe we stopped in there when we last visited Stony Lake. Smaller bait and tackle stores are gems from another time. If  I recall correctly it was stop #2...after Flannigan's Butcher Shop which we visited almost every day. 

A little off subject, but I noticed Lakefield is also listed as 'Selwyn'. Just interested, but why is that? I figured you know, Lew. Thanks. 

16 minutes ago, T-Bone said:

Terrible news...I believe we stopped in there when we last visited Stony Lake. Smaller bait and tackle stores are gems from another time. If  I recall correctly it was stop #2...after Flannigan's Butcher Shop which we visited almost every day. 

A little off subject, but I noticed Lakefield is also listed as 'Selwyn'. Just interested, but why is that? I figured you know, Lew. Thanks. 

Hi Tbone, sad news indeed. The reason for "Selwyn....Smith Ennismore Lakefield, that makes the "SEL" part of Selwyn. WYN just probably sounded good?

Cheers....cmon spring!

42 minutes ago, T-Bone said:

If  I recall correctly it was stop #2...after Flannigan's Butcher Shop which we visited almost every day. 

Flannigans is a great shop and we often stop in there to stock up on meat pies  LOL

On 2/26/2020 at 9:54 AM, lew said:

Flannigans is a great shop and we often stop in there to stock up on meat pies  LOL

Best meat pies around. They also process wild game into meat pies. They've taken plenty of my money!! 

S. 

33 minutes ago, Sinker said:

Best meat pies around. They also process wild game into meat pies. They've taken plenty of my money!! 

S. 

Do they make steak and kidney pies ? I mean real ones that are chunky with plenty of gravy . One of my favs I always enjoyed eating with my grandfather . Home made in a big roaster, with a big layer of duff on top. Always still went through 2 loaves of home bread just to sop up the gravy . .:thumbsup_anim:

On 2/26/2020 at 8:00 AM, Supercuda said:

Sad indeed, I drove by after work at 8 pm and they were still battling the Blaze. I'm local and the radio/news said he had no insurance as he didnt own the building? 

Glad everyone got out safe.

Well if he didn't own the building, he would not have insurance on that, but hopefully he had some insurance on the contents? sad at any rate.

• Like 1