Ive been recently thinking about how to go about chatting hockey again with some of you guys. I miss chatting leafs with the boys but for obvious reasons the previous hockey thread got shut down. So I am opening a new thread for leaf fans exclusively. (please feel free to open your own thread much the same for whatever team you enjoy following) I am doing so with the idea of self monitoring this thread specifically, if any form of negative comments is made by non-fans or any personal discussion is brought up I will be reporting the posts to the admin for deletion no questions asked. Leafs chat only, by fans. Intellectual conversation is a must!

You may feel free to gripe about the leafs as a fan (lord knows I do) but any generalized chirping, negativity etc will be reported for deletion immediately.

I know there's a lot of Dubas haters amongst the leafs fanbase...but his most recent moves have been insanely good

Ill start it off, Engvall signed for 2 years at a AAV of 1.25...an absolute steal

Acquiring campbell and clifford for next to nothing...and specifically campbell with leftover term and a low low cap hit is incredible work.

Leafs currently sit in a playoff position even with florida's game at hand. 2 games left vs the panthers this year...you literally no matter what need to split the remaining games. You cant give florida 3 points either.

Basically the leafs are playing in a 4 team league for 20 something games from here on out. You need to finish 2nd or better out of Philly, Carolina, Florida, and columbus...and honestly if you cant manage to pull that off you dont deserve to be in the show anyways.

I object!

Although it would be a tremendous source of entertainment as a non laffs fan and a hockey fan to follow it, it would also be considered special privilege for some to participate and not for others ……...to keep it real......sayin!

Open it up and moderate those who take it to an unacceptable level or disallow it altogether.

My opinion

4 hours ago, AKRISONER said:

Acquiring campbell

He reminds me of Potvin and Bester. Small, but quick.  For what he lacks in size to cover the net,his speed reaction is there.

Edited by misfish

18 minutes ago, muskymatt said:

I object!

Over ruled

Leaf fans he said. LOL

Howdy Matt.

• Haha 1

I was a Leaf fan when Don Awrey who played for the Leafs in the 60's and was pretty good, Google him, anyway his brother lived across the street and his nephew George was my pal, does that count? I had a woolen Maple Leaf sweater that itched like a son of a gun. Yes shin pads were old phone books. Don Awrey tried to teach me to skate one day in the back yard rink, he asked if I liked any other sport? I told him I was on our local minor football team, I was around 8, he told me to stick to football. I actually played until my 20's before I tore my knee up. Even summer hockey. A tough sport to play when you can't skate worth a lick. I knew it was time to hang the blades before that anyway when rinks started putting up glass in the corners. I didn't have chain link fencing to grab on to any longer to stop.

I miss you guys bantering back and forth. No need to shelve it totally in my opinion. Why a few weren't mod q'd first may have been prudent to start with. Maybe they were I don't know. PM Art and ask him if you can resurrect a NHL thread, he is a very thoughtful, fair and wise gentleman. Why punish all for a few isn't like Art. Some American's say Canucks lack passion, not when it comes to some guys Hockey team datsa fer shoo.  

• Like 1

On 2/12/2020 at 5:56 PM, muskymatt said:

I object!

Although it would be a tremendous source of entertainment as a non laffs fan and a hockey fan to follow it, it would also be considered special privilege for some to participate and not for others ……...to keep it real......sayin!

Open it up and moderate those who take it to an unacceptable level or disallow it altogether.

My opinion

No such thing, non fans are free to create their own thread and discuss as they please. You can post in this thread matt but as a non fan if you post negative opinions I will ensure your posts get deleted. Simple way to keep the peace!

Iron I think that other thread was taking too much of arts time policing. I personally would volunteer to moderate a thread like that but I don’t think it’s a possibility

As soon as someone without authority to do so says that participation in any public discussion is limited and exclusive to one group of people and their opinion only and not others that is in itself political in nature and the very definition of discrimination. If I were you Akrisoner I would think hard about this thing. It's not worth it. 

Edited by Old Ironmaker

Sorry but this thread is already confrontational you have many other websites to discuss Hockey. We voted 4 to 0 no more hockey threads. 

Art