Keeping boat cover elevated

bigcreekdad

I have used 2" PVC pipe and stood them up in the seat bases then cut a notch into the PVC to accommodate a 1x4 orn1x6 to run the length of the boat.  I then  cut other 1x6 pieces to form a truss type canopy and then drape the cover or tarps over top. 

Don’t have boat but grow vegetables! Home Depot or any building supplier  has  galvanized reinforcement bars/mesh  that can be bent into an arch, eight feet long and about eight inches wide; looks like a ladder sorry the actual name escapes me. They can be bent to shape and  are somewhat spring loaded when bent.   
just a thought. I try to adapt and invent.

Very common issue that becomes quite the annoyance after a while.  I built a modular frame using some leftover PVC pipe from a septic job to fit over the mooring cover.  There is a post in the mid section to support the length of the spine.  For the winter setup, ratchet straps are fastened to various points on the frame and pulled into the mooring cleats to prevent shifting or separation.  Just drape the cover over the frame/motor, tighten up, and there you go!  Everything comes apart for easy storage.  Perhaps something similar to this design will help with your options.20181123_162531.jpg.eff3969d7ca05fcb6cec85a816959ff1.jpg20181123_162358.jpg.bc789851c7a6bf33ceac941948395d89.jpg 20181123_162734.jpg.c78d22fd09c68469b8778ff2373486ec.jpg

• Like 1

I just bought two cheapo plastic "gel" chairs and put them in back to back (either side of the middle bench)... cover over the top and presto a tent ... other trick I used (for in the water) I tied a 5lb weight on either side ... just in case ... then since gravity never fails ... if water does start to pool the wieghts pull the cover back taut :) (my old tinny had no snaps on it so my cover was only streched over the top