across canada

kennetcook

driving across Canada this July 4th week from Nova Scotia to Alberta. Going to spend a couple of days in Ontario for fishing and looking forward to catching some new species.I am open to trying the great lakes but with so much experience on the smaller lakes, rivers and even ponds here in NS I would definitely like to focus on some of those, the great lakes are just such huge bodies of water for a new comer to Ontario.I had several species in mind i would like to focus on.I would like to try catching Bowfin, Gar, some of the small Sunfish (pumpkinseed, Bluegill), Crappie or Channel Catfish. Not looking for anyones favorite spot but some good locations to catch any of them would be great. 

• Like 1

On 2/3/2020 at 5:01 AM, OhioFisherman said:

" Bowfin, Gar, some of the small Sunfish (pumpkinseed, Bluegill), Crappie or Channel Catfish. "

Those species tend to be found in calmer back bay areas of the Great Lakes, any sheltered bay off the Great Lakes might have them all.

Yep, lived at Long Point on Lake Erie for a few years, all those species were a pretty easy catch from shore .