Fishing in Costa Rica

jimmer

Was in Costa Rica recently on a last minute trip. Had some fun fishing with guys I met down there. I even caught a jack off the beach and lost some others. We did the best fishing in 400 feet of water, lol. We let the guys that took us out bring the fish to market to make some extra cash for themselves.

20200116_125917.jpg

20200116_125943.jpg

20200117_144311.jpg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, lew said:

Nice haul of fish Jimmer and really generous of you to let the guides keep them for the extra $$$$

Thanks Lew. I was only able to do that because 2 amazing fellow anglers invited me to go with them. Us Canadians are amazing to each other!

29 minutes ago, captpierre said:

It’s amazing fish can thrive down there. The pressure has to be stupid high. I bet they didn’t enjoy the trip up. 

i said the same thing 30 yrs. in Cabo San Lucas, marlin fishing ? we caught 2 striped marlins, every other boat (30) had marlin flags flying on the mast ! how can the species survive, i said ??????????? deck hands butchered them, sold the meat to close by resorts i guess.

16 hours ago, captpierre said:

It’s amazing fish can thrive down there. The pressure has to be stupid high. I bet they didn’t enjoy the trip up. 

Some that got off half way up eventually came to the top and the birds scooped them. 

• 2 months later...